Soapin' down in Texas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey y'all, my names Aaron and I'm new to these forums. I've been making soap for about a year now and have had lots of positive feedback from customers. Just looking to get involved in this little community to give and receive help from others. If you want to take a gander at my work, head on over to www.happyhenrysoap.com.

I look forward to soapin' with y'all!

Hey and welcome! Lots of Texans here. I'm a transplanted Cajun, so I don't quite count.

I think there are quite a few folks from the greater Houston metro area, though.

If you want to take a gander at my work, head on over to www.happyhenrysoap.com.
Howdy Aaron,
For a petroleum engineer, you're a pretty good salesman! I like the way you present your soaps. You make it quick and easy for your customers to choose the ones they like. All the scents are well matched to colors -- except for the peppermint maybe? It looks like beefsteak to me! LOL My favorite:

http://www.happyhenrysoap.com/item/satsuma

Thank you SO much for sharing your touching story about how your Happy Henry Soap brand got its name. That little boy is just precious -- I'm sure he brings you much deserved joy after all y'all have been through.

Wishing you all good things and much success! :bunny:

Hi from Texas

Hey Y'all!! I see there are quite a few Texans here, Yay!! I'm interested to find out where you all get your supplies. I have bought from Majestic Mountain Sage for many years and several fragrance oil suppliers who have gone out of business. Are there any soap making supply companies in the Houston area? I've seen the Texas Naturals site but it seemed a little more pricey.

I make cold-process and also sometimes hot process, very rarely do I make Melt and Pour.

Glad to have found yall!!

Annette

Hey Y'all!! I see there are quite a few Texans here, Yay!! I'm interested to find out where you all get your supplies. I have bought from Majestic Mountain Sage for many years and several fragrance oil suppliers who have gone out of business. Are there any soap making supply companies in the Houston area? I've seen the Texas Naturals site but it seemed a little more pricey.

I make cold-process and also sometimes hot process, very rarely do I make Melt and Pour.

Glad to have found yall!!

Annette

I haven't found any suppliers locally. I buy all my materials from www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com. I think you can buy some oils cheaper at local grocery stores, but as for FO and colorants, online is the best I have found.

I agree that online becomes cheaper when you are buying Fos.

I do know that Walmart carries some EOs that are skin safe, but they come in a set. But I think is like 6 for $14 or something like that. I have not try them either. And I have not check if they have it on store, but they would ship for free to your closest Walmart.

I got my eyes peeled from candle science newsletter in the fall. They sell 1 oz bottles for 99 cents twice a year.

Hi and welcome! What a great story and beautiful boy! Your reasons for getting into the soaping world aren't a lot different than mine, and I'm sure many others.

I'm most intrigued by your beautiful Balsam & Cedar soap and wonder what FO you used. I tried the one from WSP and it seized on me 3 times which is so frustrating because I LOVE the scent! It's since been demoted to wax melts only. Grrrr.....

I agree that online becomes cheaper when you are buying Fos.

I do know that Walmart carries some EOs that are skin safe, but they come in a set. But I think is like 6 for $14 or something like that. I have not try them either. And I have not check if they have it on store, but they would ship for free to your closest Walmart.

I got my eyes peeled from candle science newsletter in the fall. They sell 1 oz bottles for 99 cents twice a year.

Those EOs are not pure EOs. I tried to make soap with them, the soap seized and failed. DO NOT waste your money! Buy EOs/FOs from reputable suppliers only.

The cheapest EOs I have found are at Piping Rock, so far. I tried their lemongrass, Cinnamon bark, clove bud, ginger, and nutmeg EOs. They all soaped exactly like the ones I buy from WSP.

Those EOs are not pure EOs. I tried to make soap with them, the soap seized and failed. DO NOT waste your money! Buy EOs/FOs from reputable suppliers only.

The cheapest EOs I have found are at Piping Rock, so far. I tried their lemongrass, Cinnamon bark, clove bud, ginger, and nutmeg EOs. They all soaped exactly like the ones I buy from WSP.

Good to know Susie! I recently saw them at my local Walmart and wondered. The label says they're 100% EO but then it says they're not skin safe. At $5.00 per oz I passed but it would have been nice to try out for people who would like a small amount. You get what you pay for!

Back