May 2017 SMF Soap Challenge - fluid acrylic cell pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great soaps everyone! And cherrycoke, I love being spaced out, thanks for the music & videos

Haha! I just love the cool, funny astronaut with a mustache too much, I have to link it. He even take a little girl's question about how to become a astronaut very, very seriously and make practical suggestions about it. And show the kid how to pursue dreams and doesn't sound dismissive or condescending. Really a true sincere heart-warming commander.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oZT9yS2yy0[/ame]

And I just scrolled up and down so many times just to vote. This is a more advanced technique and everyone's envision and execution is terrific!!! Feels like I'm stand in the middle of a contemporary art gallery and don't know which ( postcard ) should I bring home. Hahaha!
Soap as a medium for art creation... Aren't we all the cool kids? :p

Thank you KC for carrying this challenge even though having weird shifts.

Ok everyone, we are still at 9 of 11 responses and a 3 way tie. I do not know who has and has not voted yet - so I will leave this up til tomorrow to see if those last 2 people vote. If not I will announce the winner.

We got one more vote - but I do not want to hold up Saponista. So with 10 out of 11 responces:

We have a 3 way tie!!! The winners on the no-prize this month are:

DeeAnna
artemis
dibbles

Second place is earlene

Third place is cherrycoke216

Congrats to everyone!

Last edited:
Who came in second and third, KC? I seem to remember that in the past, I the ties were listed for the first, second or third place spots, so perhaps you can share who came in second and third as well. I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, to ask.

Congratulations to the first place winners.

Dibbles, I really like your agates and the color choices are so fitting. Very soothing!

Artemis, your Star Wars Tatooine design is so spot on.

DeeAnna, you managed to get odd shaped cells, which is exactly what I was aiming for, as well because I like the idea of variety in the design. Plus the bright colors you used certainly do draw the eye.

Who came in second and third, KC? I seem to remember that in the past, I the ties were listed for the first, second or third place spots, so perhaps you can share who came in second and third as well. I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, to ask.

Congratulations to the first place winners.

Dibbles, I really like your agates and the color choices are so fitting. Very soothing!

Artemis, your Star Wars Tatooine design is so spot on.

DeeAnna, you managed to get odd shaped cells, which is exactly what I was aiming for, as well because I like the idea of variety in the design. Plus the bright colors you used certainly do draw the eye.

Edited the posts --

Second place is earlene

Third place is cherrycoke216

Regardless of where I place in these challenges, I always receive prizes I treasure more than anything else -- having fun with y'all and learning something new. Thanks!

Regardless of where I place in these challenges, I always receive prizes I treasure more than anything else -- having fun with y'all and learning something new. Thanks!

Ditto - so ditto. I love this amazing group of people! Thank you all.

This was a challenge that pushed me in so many ways - thank you KC! The entries that came from this, once again, were so well done.

Thank you, KC. And thankyou to each and every one of you who voted and participated, as well. I am honored to be in such fine company as all of you and for my entry to come in so close to the excellene of Artemis, DeeAnna and Dibbles is truly an honor!

Thanks kc, I really enjoyed this challenge and it was a really different new technique to try with so much potential. When I have more time I am definitely going to revisit this! I hope you will host some more challenges with us :)

Congratulations to all the winners, you all did a fantastic job!

Thanks, guys! That was fun. This sort of technique makes you have to think of soap as an artistic medium. Which is a little weird if you think about it too long. :D I do think I will give the swirling part a try again. In fact, my soaping friend back home wants this to be our project when I visit this summer.

Are you guys serious? I think you voted cool astronaut Chris Hadfield, David Bowie, & R.E.M.!!! I think everyone's skill set shines through soap canvas, and is better skill level than me, be it envisions,pouring technique, color scheme, design elements, and makes a really thin fluid acrylic cell pour. I'm mesmerized by the talented people here. You all are my Sensei ( Japanese: teacher ) and I look forward to learning from you. ;)

Congrats winners and each and every challenger! We tackle down another new technique TOGETHER!!! :bunny:
There's a William Faulkner quote goes like this: " Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." And I think this is what SMF challenge stands for. ( though we still have voted our favorite three.)

And now what's next challenge? :p

Back