What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed a lot if that sort of stuff come from China and amazn is just used as kinda "portal" to capture sellers who dont want to risk buying directly from
Say AliExpress.com . I'm gonna get the same wait any way.. I would hope that Amazon would realize that customer review is essential component of how legit a sellers reputation is.... I would have hoped they show more common sense.

They are well known for tax dodging in the uk so not much they do surprises me typical ruthless massive corperation. Certainly big companies like that dont make the money they do by using common sense at every stage its probably not even reviewed by a human it will be automated to detect certain things in a review maybe then some idiot clicks the ban button. Yes most do come from china which i admit im not overly keen on because of the travel ect that it takes to get to me but they are cheap and the chances are even if i buy something like that from an english seller its quite likely its probably orginated in somewhere other than the uk so makes little difference really

Hey everybody, friend was over the other day... And I made soap for her.

Balm of Gilead soap.
With cottonwood bud infused olive oil,
rice bran oil,
palma christi oil,
coconut oil,
Palm oil

Eo copaiba
Eo wintergreen

Rosemary oleo extract.

It was my fist soapy thing since November 13
What would cottonwood bud infused oil bring to the mix, ward? I'm fascinated.

What would cottonwood bud infused oil bring to the mix, ward? I'm fascinated.

Well in soap, I can't claim Any of the amazing wonderful, enticing properties off cottonwood bud infused oil. Beside the mild wintergreen & root beer smell.

Balm of Gilead (beeswax & infused cottonwood bud oil) is:

Quoted from https://learningherbs.com/remedies-recipes/balm-of-gilead/

"Well, besides smelling WONDERFUL (you need not add any other scents to your salves or oils when using cottonwood), you would use your oil/salve as an anti-inflammatory (it cools things down), antimicrobial (it kills really little things that can infect you), and it’s analgesic (calms the pain). It’s incredibly healing. It stimulates skin proliferation and more"

IMG_20190103_180752~2.jpeg

I am back to my home state for Christmas. As we walked the "old" mall today, I discovered a Lush store! What else could I do? I went in to have a look around, but had to leave right away or risk getting a migraine! It was as if they were pumping extra fragrance in through the vents. I was most curious about their scents, but I couldn't smell any one thing over all the others. That's the soapiest thing I've done for the past three weeks!

Well in soap, I can't claim Any of the amazing wonderful, enticing properties off cottonwood bud infused oil. Beside the mild wintergreen & root beer smell.

Balm of Gilead (beeswax & infused cottonwood bud oil) is:

Quoted from https://learningherbs.com/remedies-recipes/balm-of-gilead/

"Well, besides smelling WONDERFUL (you need not add any other scents to your salves or oils when using cottonwood), you would use your oil/salve as an anti-inflammatory (it cools things down), antimicrobial (it kills really little things that can infect you), and it’s analgesic (calms the pain). It’s incredibly healing. It stimulates skin proliferation and more"

View attachment 34790
I like the look of the ones in front - how did you get that beautiful colour?

how do you know her pic is a drawing? she could be a 50 stone heffer and i think moose are absolutly stunning animals.

Thst sounds like an awesome trip have you been to niagra falls. ill try dig some these photos out and send them to you @Misschief

iv decoded its goung to be a week of experiments testing a recording all fo and eo into naughty and well behaved categories so i know what im working with in future not sure why its taken this long to do this. just waiting on my lye to cool down

Moose:
9780394800868.jpg

Me:
IMG_0247.jpeg

Your call!

NB: That was my favourite book when I was a child.

Switched up my soap storing system last night. I ordered baseball card boxes and they came in yesterday, so I moved the soaps from totes into their own nicely labeled boxes on the shelf. I was happy with my math skills because I did manage to get a correctly sized box that will hold 9 bars of soap (a 2lb batch for me) and fit into the plastic totes so when I have to pack for a show it's as easy as dropping the cardboard box into the plastic tote. Eh, we'll see how it actually works out.

Switched up my soap storing system last night. I ordered baseball card boxes and they came in yesterday, so I moved the soaps from totes into their own nicely labeled boxes on the shelf. I was happy with my math skills because I did manage to get a correctly sized box that will hold 9 bars of soap (a 2lb batch for me) and fit into the plastic totes so when I have to pack for a show it's as easy as dropping the cardboard box into the plastic tote. Eh, we'll see how it actually works out.

I love the baseball card boxes. That's what I use after cure if shelves full and to transport to my shows. Easy to label with sticky notes what's in each box.

Last edited:
Tonight the experiments continue mwwwhhhhaahahahahaha i feel like a mad scientist. Got another 5 fo and eo to test in a small batch.

Just waiting to get an answer about if i have to pay the small fortune to make myself well then going in the gym food then experiments commence. I ordered another silicone mold for my smaller soaps last nights tests have made me realise i can use some the naughty fo but will always be a failed batch if i try to use a bigger mold with them so will keep them to one side if i want to use a naughty fo.

This is what I use from ikea....stackable and a good price at 5.99.

https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/10292357/

Thats looks like what @Pepsiandjac saud she used to make a slab mold!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome!!! That sounds bout right for the charcoal. Of the soap I’ve given as gifts - charcoal and Ginger/lime have been the favorites.

212CD467-716E-41F3-AFEF-B6AACFCD2AF3.jpeg
Here is the soap I’ve made the past few days! I think I have a problem. Over 90 bars....I don’t have that many friends! I’m over 300 bars at this point!

Don’t judge my messy work area....it’s part of my process (wink)

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided i needed more success than last night play round with fo so ended up doing a batch using all 3 loaf molds iv got. I wanted to test the bucket out and see if it was any easier for bigger batches. It was just need to have a play with the temps next time wasnt happy with the temps i ended up mixing at because the oils were loosing tenp far quicker than the lye solution. Anyways i did one spearmint one lime and the last one was sweet orange because i already know they all behave so was happy using in a bigger batch. Love how they turned out

Attachments

• 20190105_021238.jpg
    20190105_021238.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190105_021341.jpg
    20190105_021341.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 27
Woot! Charcoal swirl in the pot! Can't wait to cut this puppy. I'm a bit worried about how black the charcoal part is, I used 1.5 teaspoon PPO. Mixed the powder straight into the batter like @penelopejane suggested somewhere in an old thread. Fingers crossed for the cut!
View attachment 34811
If it was me who said that in an old post I’ve now changed me method. I add 1 tsp AC to 1 tsp glycerine and I add 1.25 tsp of that mix ppo to the oils.

I SB it in. If you hand mix it in it won’t be as dark as the same amount of AC SB’ed.

Back