Soap Obsession - Have You Got The Itch ??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I first started soaping a month ago, and I haven't gone more than 2 days without soaping since. And I only went 2 days once. I've missed maybe 5 days out of the month total.

I keep expecting it to fade soon! But I just keep feeding the habit. I've got a package from WSP coming, and one from Brambleberry that hasn't shipped yet, and I caught myself today looking up silicone mold sites. :shock:

Woaaaahhh...I so know how you all feel. Why is it that in order to realize you are truly addicted, one must order and hoard more FO/EO/Additive than could ever be used. For all the fragrant potions that I have procured in the last 6 months, I have probably used about 4. That leaves about 40 that I am not sure I'll ever use and how does one deal with their leftovers? It's like an alcoholic that realizes, "Hey, I think I am as drunk as I can be. What shall I do with this extra bottle of high-priced rum?" I know it's fun to shop, but I still spank my hands over my nimble internet fingers. Ugh...I hate this addiction....NOT!

Well, my addiction hasn't shown any signs of slowing down yet...it is almost a year since I started CPing and more than 2 since I first ventured into handcrafting M&P :wink:

Tanya :)

(*don't get me started on my eo/fo hoard*)

Well, if you count M&P I've been doing for quite some time. For some weird reason, I don't always count my M&P hobby as part of this. Maybe because the stuff I use for that and the methods I use for it are different than CP. However, I reckon I'm unusual, but the presence of my Littles has really kept the soaping hobby in check. Plus, I really don't know what I'd do with tons and tons of soap bars around the house, there's really very little space for storing things like that here. So generally I might make a batch of soap once or twice a week. I might want to do it more often, but my time is taken up by so many things.

I am addicted I admit it .I don't want it to go away . My hubby isn't shocked anymore when I say I have 35 fo's coming. I tested him awhile back , said I had $232.00 worth of soap stuff coming.( I didn't) he didn't bat an eye .
I don't want it to ever go away , when I hear people say , oh I been doing it for so long , I don't post pics anymore or get excited about this or that .That is very sad to me , if it isn't fun and exciting to try new things and share what I know ,I won't be doing it.

I was thinking about this just the other day...is there anyone who,once started can ever stop??? These forums really only show the totally,fully,absolutely hooked soap-junkies like us! lol...So I don't know...but for me,it's like,when I did my 1st batch,I was,WOW!!!..NOW I know what I wanna do when I grow up.I love making soap.And it's not a hobby really,eh?..More a way of life.Perhaps it's the thrill of seeing lye&oil change into something completely different,or creating something that is so wonderful,& useful......hmmm. woteva,I can't see the thrill going out of it for me anytime soon,even when Im not batching Im reading/researching/forum-surfing. :roll:
Artisan..I know I bore the friends n rellies silly with soaptalk but they tolerate me cos they've a continual supply of soapies :) :) :) nyah haha :twisted: I know it,they know it,nuthin they can do! :) :)

We went on vacation to KY a few weeks ago. My husband asked what I wanted to do when we got there. I said the only thing I wanted to do was check out the Soapery in Bardstown. After that we could do whatever he wanted.

I have actually found myself looking on the internet for handmade soap shops that have demonstrations as possible destinations for future vacations.

How pathetic is that?!?!

oldragbagger said:
I have actually found myself looking on the internet for handmade soap shops that have demonstrations as possible destinations for future vacations.

How pathetic is that?!?!

Not pathetic at all , it is a fabulous idea :eek:
I will have to look for camp grounds with hot and cold running water at each site :shock:

Kitn

lol oldragbagger!!! Since I live in Ohio I've been trying to come up with an excuse to get hubby to drive to Broadview Heights just so I can go to Wholesale Supplies Plus....their shipping fees are a killer!

I have been dabbling in soapmaking for nearly two years now, seriously like a mad scientist for 18months. The reason for that is I have a (now 3 year old) and she was just under my feet all the time so I abandoned it for a little bit until she grew and I could plonk her in front of the tv. :D
I still spend as much time as I can researching, experimenting, looking for new moulds, additives etc.
My most recent researching has been getting all the scientific stuff sorted out in my head, I want to know all the fatty acid profiles of all the different oils and the properties that they bring to the soap, both individually and combined with other oils.
After I get that down, I am going to research essential oils and their properties, uses, contraindications.
When I get around to lining all my ducks up I want to be able to answer completely any question that I may be asked regarding my products.

Back