Ellens Essentials

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val

Reaction score
Does anyone here use Ellens Essentials? Is it normal for them to go this long before shipping...... I ordered some powders from them on the 11th and it is still pending.

Val

Val said:
Does anyone here use Ellens Essentials? Is it normal for them to go this long before shipping...... I ordered some powders from them on the 11th and it is still pending.

Val

Ugh. I don't like to throw around bad stuff about suppliers, but I posted about them on another thread somewhere. I had the same problem dealing with them, and then it took a couple of emails before she mailed me back about it. Apparently, that's the standard way she operates her shipping. I won't deal with them again. You'll get your order eventually, but I'd pack a lunch.

x

i've ordered from her twice with no problem. the main reason i ordered from her was the bath tablet maker.

have you called or emailed her?

www.suppliesbystar.com carries the same items, except she has a slightly different tablet maker.

No I have not called or emailed her. Wanted to see if it was norm for her fist. LOL Seems the site says could be up to 4 days before they ship. Guess I will have to wait til Wednesday before it ships. Doubt I will use her again if that is her NORM. Shame too since I am only one state away. :(

Its a shame that the small amount I ordered is taking this long. All it was was a few powdered herbs for colorant and some FO's, total was $35.

My order from WSP will be here on Thursday and was ordered the same day.

Val

A lot of the smaller suppliers have day jobs that prevent them from filling orders as quickly as some of the bigger guys w/ full staffs. I don't know if that is the case w/ Ellen's, just a thought.

Well for what it's worth...... I paid Priority Shipping which is supposed to arrive within 1 - 3 business days. So if she doesn't ship for a week then she shouldn't be using the Priority shipping as the default. Just my Opinion.

the shipping was 8.95........ flat rate would have been cheaper.

Val

Val said:
Well for what it's worth...... I paid Priority Shipping which is supposed to arrive within 1 - 3 business days. So if she doesn't ship for a week then she shouldn't be using the Priority shipping as the default. Just my Opinion.

the shipping was 8.95........ flat rate would have been cheaper.

Val

I agree.

Priority is actually a method of handling, not just a speed. Items are hand carried rather than conveyor belted whenever possible, set down rather than thrown, etc.

Well it would seem that it doesn't matter there anyway. She replied and stated they have a 4 day lead time. So guess next time........ if there is a next time..... I will be more selective of the price I pay for shipping.

Val

I've bought from her before & had my items within a week. I also paid for priority shipping USPS. I am surprised at the reviews she's been getting lately on her shipping. I've never had a problem with ordering from her.
I did my research & read her site completely before ordering. I was OK with the 4 day lead time on shipping, if I needed it faster, I could have gone with a different supplier.
I think that if you order from someone (anyone), and you don't read up on what their shipping policies are before you place your order, then's it's on you, not the supplier, as long as they are within their policies. When they don't do what they say they will, then it's on them.
JMHO

I guess I don't see the problem?

If she states that she has a 4 day lead time, then buyers know there's a 4 day lead time - plus time in transit.

Now if she (or any other supplier) states that orders ship the same day and they don't ship for 4 days then you have a legitimate gripe.

x

i emailed her this afternoon and it took less than 2 hrs to respond. i mentioned the issue here, and she said PLEASE! just email her and she will give you a confirmed shipping date and will gladly help with any other issues or questions.

i usually get my replies early afternoon/evening, so i do believe she has a day job.

i believe the quality of her products outweighs the extra couple days wait.

Well I did email her. And here is the outcome.

She said she had to re-bottle the FO's in order to send them via the mail. I asked her to send them whichever was easiest for her and asked if there would be an extra charge. She is sending them to me and paying the extra expense. I think that was nice of her since it was my error in the first place.
I should have selected UPS and I was thinking Priority mail would be faster. My bad. She is very nice and we worked it out.

Val

Oh Yeah ........ and even with all this mix up she is still getting it sent out on time. So I give her 2 thumbs up and an A+ for service. She didn't have to pay the extra expense so I really thought that was very nice.

Val

x

:D i am so glad you got it all worked out! :D

like all business people know-customer satisfaction is sooo important! and word-of-mouth can either make or break your reputation.

i know i'm one of the worst offenders for not reading instructions or the fine print! :roll:

Well to be honest I did read all that....... Just have a bad memory or blocked it out or something. I got priority ( 1 -3 days) stuck in my head and was thinking I would have it by Thursday or Friday of this week and when it hadn't shipped after 2 days going on a third it kind of threw me. I have been having a bad week and let that get in the way too. Guess I better get my head on straight.

It was my error not Ellen's and I think she handled it well. Better than I did that's for sure.

And she is shipping it tomorrow so I may get it by Friday anyway.

Now I shall go sit with my nose in the corner and be a good girl.
Val :oops:

Val said:
Now I shall go sit with my nose in the corner and be a good girl.
Val :oops:

Don't feel so bad~ I've worked retail for about 3 years and I can tell you that you've handled it better than many, many people when things don't work out the way they expected(for whatever reason).

As far as I'm concerned, you demonstrated admirable grace by admitting you made a mistake and being polite. I'm happy when customers like you come into my work!

I hope your week gets better.

Thanks Arte! I feel better now that I got my head on straight too. LOL

I have appologised (sp) to Ellen also. I definitely owed her that much.

Val

Latest posts

Back