~*~ SMF May 2017 Challenge - Fluid Acrylic Cell Pour!! ~*~
~ May 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread ~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews > Rustic Escentuals fragrance reviews

Old 05-18-2017, 12:50 AM   #31
Soapmaker145
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 442 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by NsMar42111 View Post
Had to change usernames again, it's still me

I agree, most of the scents do stick around-even at the six month mark I can tell what they are. Lemon pound cake I still want to eat! I don't have my list in front of me, but I'm going to continue testing these as hopefuls!
Welcome back!

NsMar42111 Likes This 
Old 05-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #32
NsMar42111

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Thanks Soapmaker!

I went through the box and found the ones I had kept because I wanted to order more. I have missed some reviews due to the time frame and my spring cleaning of old soaps (oops). These are mostly in the 7 month and up age range, no special storage and they were dumped on top of each other for a while in a box LOL.

Merlot is still a nice grape wine smell, not sharp anymore like it was originally.

Toasted marshmellow stayed true to the name. I just cant see myself using it for soap, but candles and melts might be awesome.

Leather is still there albeit faded somewhere. However, I have a feeling it would blossom if a wet test was done-this will be my leather scent now because for me anything over 6 months is fine for retention.

Moscato-still smells like a sweet lychee to me! I have to get some more!

Cornbread-*nibble* BLEH ok it doesn't taste as good as it smells and it's still strong.

Sea Kelp-oceany smell, still holding well, must order more!

I have noticed the scent doesn't seem to transfer much between bars even when on top of each other-had some of that happen with other brands. To me, that's a plus but it might not be the scents' doing!

I have more to test, got busy making restocks and stopped testing. Am planning on resuming next month.

I did notice that nothing discolored further than what it was at one month old so no surprises!

Soapmaker145 Likes This 
Old 05-24-2017, 03:48 AM   #33
Soapmaker145
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 442 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 292

I decided to test the Rosewood&Musk as a blender for black tea and Rose FOs. A good black tea FO has been very hard to find. Most smell like lemon tea and are usually light on the tea notes. At the other end is BB's Black Tea which can't decide what it wants to be and have liquid smoke thrown in it for no reason. The rose FOs (and I have several) smell to me like burnt candles with crushed roses on top. Most don't improve with age. I went ahead and blended a few including the BB Black Tea. It's still early in the cure, but all the blends actually smell better than the originals. Even the BB Black Tea smells more like black tea and the smoky notes that are left seem to belong. The burnt notes in the rose FOs seem to disappear too. If the scents hold, I see a big bottle of R&M in my future. It is something to consider if Black Tea and Rose FOs are still on the to do list.
NsMar42111 Likes This 
Old 05-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #34
NsMar42111

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Ok, last round of testers (except a mango I may not get to), pouring notes to start with: (did this group cold process with my HP receipe since the group was so big I would not have had time to do HP)

French Vanilla Oak-FAST mover and fast heater!

Spicy Apple Peaches - FAST mover and fast heater! Medium brown initial discolor

Ozark Forest-FAST mover and fast heater! Yellow initial discolor

Christmas Bliss- FAST mover and fast heater!

Havana night- Medium fast mover and a medium heater-no swirls for you!

Heavenly Honeysuckle-FAST mover but not a heater.

Cranberry Orange Scone-FAST mover but not a heater

Tuscan Fields-Medium fast mover. Orange initial discolor

Veviter- Medium Fast Mover. Yellow initial discolor

3 Wishes Tea - Medium fast mover.

Rose petals-Medium fast mover. Not even close to a rose at pour!

Just Peachy- little faster than normal

Clementine Lavender - little faster than normal, not much lavender at this point so I'm curious how it goes

Savogn Blanc- little faster than normal

London Fog-normal mover. Yellow initial discolor

Pinecone-normal mover

Fern and Lavender- normal mover

Lilac-normal mover. Not like my other lilac in scent....will ahve to see

Green apple-normal mover, does smell like a green apple at this point

Hipster-normal mover

Jasmine, White-normal mover, and I'm apparently not a jasmine fan but right now its a nice clean jasmine

Stone House Reserve-normal mover

Lavender-normal mover

Kaylins Herb-normal mover, smells like a baby lotion?

Pipe Smoke-slow mover! Had to leave in the mold an extra day. Mostly cherry not much smoke right now

Sweet Grass and Cedar-slow mover! Had to leave in the mold an extra day.

Lemon Verbena-slow mover! Had to leave in the mold an extra day.. Hope it works out I do like this lemon

Oud wood-slow mover! Had to leave in the mold an extra day.

I will update later