Anybody wanna challenge me?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyredgirl

Reaction score
I haven't soaped for a few months because I had a new baby, but I'm trying to get my Xmas soaps started. My base recipe is slow moving so please feel free to challenge me on design. My next fragrance is tobacco (can't remember the exact name) and I want it to appear masculine. I have others that I've done so many times I know the pattern/result inside and out but this will be a new fragrance this year.

And just for fun a pic of my Garden Mint Pumice and salt bar
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1495043788.546996.jpg

Very neat looking salt bars!!! It's cool you manage to do the swirl in a salt soap!!! ;)
And very early Christmas soap making... Are you using a Bastile or Castile recipe?

Making a 1lb loaf because this is an entirely new fragrance (except for small "tester" soaps done in individual molds) and I want to play a bit. This is a Bastille Soap though

And tobacco bay leaf sounds about right, but knowing that I also wanted a tobacco-y shaving soap I ordered about 10 different tobacco types

As for my salt bars I'll admit my sister helped me mix and pour it was layered then a spoon swirl

Congratulations on the baby! If you are using BB Tobacco & Bay Leaf, it does discolor somewhat. But it behaves well and smells so good. The woodgrain idea is a good one. Or gradient layers, or layers of the natural color, brown and an olivish green, or an ITP swirl of those colors would be nice.

Congrats on the baby!!! You know us soapers...we see only soaps.. :p either way, it's still a great swirl salt soap! And I got my younger sister as a helper making soap,too. It's never ending fun!

I haven't soaped for a few months because I had a new baby,
Awwww. Congratulations! Pics please.
but I'm trying to get my Xmas soaps started. My base recipe is slow moving so please feel free to challenge me on design. My next fragrance is tobacco (can't remember the exact name) and I want it to appear masculine.
Hmm. Is there a way you could do a short feather-type swirl that looks like a mustache? hee hee You said you want a challenge. I leave you to it.

I haven't soaped for a few months because I had a new baby, but I'm trying to get my Xmas soaps started. My base recipe is slow moving so please feel free to challenge me on design. My next fragrance is tobacco (can't remember the exact name) and I want it to appear masculine. I have others that I've done so many times I know the pattern/result inside and out but this will be a new fragrance this year.

And just for fun a pic of my Garden Mint Pumice and salt bar
View attachment 24725

Congratulations on the new family member!!

I like Zany's idea of a mustache swirl! Or since it's going to be for Christmas, some fun red and green embeds!

Back