First multi colour play around

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobbsie

Reaction score
I put an order I for some mic as to play with colours and it's taking its time to arrive....so I had a rummage aroind the kitchen and came up with some turmeric and paprika and thought I'd have a play. Very glad I did as it's not as easy as the video make it look trying to pour while thinking what's next. It started out as lovely circleswithin circles but by the time I'd poured the second set of rcircles I started to worry that it was setting and tried being more efficient........so the circles vanished and turned it to globe and then swirls from the jug ��

I'm glad I had a practise.....it wasn't actually setting I could have taken time but at least it was a great learning experience.

Forgive the makeshift box effect....I'm waiting for some long moulds along with the micas. The paprika got sweet orange eo and the turmeric got a lemon eo.

One thing going that did surprise me was how long it has taken so far. My previous tried were high water discount recipes and they got super hot and gelled within an hour and cut within 3 hours. This is warm but definitely not hot.

Finally got hot and gel stage reached....

All very exciting!

20170514_164334.jpg

20170514_172101.jpg

Latest posts

Back