Trouble

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna12345

Reaction score
OK. New here and new to soap. I have made a few times in a 5lb. mold. lovely soap. all went just as utube showed. Now tried a Lard soap. 40 oz. Lard[my pigs,I rendered,Beutiful fat!]29oz.coconut oil. 20oz.olive oil. and I don't have recipe in front of me for Lye/water amount. But [this HP in crock pot] the combo did not fold into itself. only slight bubble. It was thickening after an hour. I did ZAP test. I put in molds. Will it come out OK??? why did it not react as I am use to?? it feels to be very nice. So many questions I have for you all. Is this where I should ask??

So the basic question is - since it didn't behave the same as the other batches (did not fold into itself), you are worried it's not ok?
I have never had 2 HP batches behave the same that I don't even pay attention to behavior. I look for that translucency and if it passes the zap test. It sounds like you did so it should be ok :)

Thanks. The next day should tell. I will keep in mind,not to expect all to react the same. But still worry when it doesn't. I love soap making and would like to be comfortable with it.

Latest posts

Back