Tropical Sunset CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyah999

Reaction score
This is my latest creation. I've only been making soaps for about a month and this is the first swirl design I've attempted. All my other soaps were plain jane and ugly but I'm sooo proud of this one. I made my first sexy soap yay! It is yellow and orange swirl so it doesn't stand out very much as the colours were quite similar, but I only wanted a subtle difference. Their topped with yellow glitter which is hard to see in the pic and their fragranced with bramble berry's Passionfruit & papaya. They remind me of the tropics and sunsets so I thought I'd name them, Tropical Sunset. What do you guys think, is that appropriate? I can't stop staring at them, I can't believe I pulled off something so pretty. They were made with coconut milk too. I really love the fragrance too, it smells so nice. Please tell me what you guys think, am I excited for nothing or did I finally manage to make something worth selling? Thanks all!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1414719578.727045.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1414719620.963340.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1414719653.972734.jpg
View attachment 10269

Thanks, this was my first time using these colours and yes the yellow is very bright and gorgeous.

Yeah, I think it's a great name. I like the subtle color difference. At times I start messing around so much with my colors and then it's just too busy. I made one a month or so back. Every time i go check on it, I think to myself, "what the heck were you thinking". haha

Nice job on the soap. Now you have me thinking of a nice warm beach, nice sunset, ahhhh.

Please tell me what you guys think, am I excited for nothing or did I finally manage to make something worth selling?

Your soap is pretty, good job! Pretty soap doesn't get repeat customers though. So in answer to the question you posed, yes it's pretty enough to sell. But is your recipe?

Very pretty indeed..did a good job on these :)

My advice is this..keep making soap and perfecting and testing your recipes...if you intend to sell..you have to know what you are selling to your customers...good product keeps customers coming back, bad product..well you'll never see them again. ;)

This is my latest creation. I've only been making soaps for about a month and this is the first swirl design I've Please tell me what you guys think, am I excited for nothing or did I finally manage to make something worth selling? Thanks all!
QUOTE]

Seeing you have only been making soap for a month, I would be making many many more batches and giving them to friends and family to try and get their opinions before even worrying about selling, selling should not even be in your vocabulary at this point regarding soap. It's hard for us to tell by a photo of the quality of a soap, to say they are worth selling. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Thanks. I used Passionfruit & papaya but wished I had of had mango on hand as it looks just like mango. Will have to get some mango fragrance for next time.

Back