• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hi from Indiana

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viccilynn

Reaction score
Hello from Southern Indiana. I am actually here looking for people that sell their all natural handmade bath and body items at a wholesale price without minimums for a new business I am researching. I don't have time to do it myself but need a couple good dependable sources. I would loooooove to find them close to the Louisville Ky area.

Hi

Hope more traffic comes here from the other thread (closed now, to keep things tidy).

I can't speak for others and I don't yet sell, but wholesale with no minimums is called retail at half price - I don't know how many sensible business folks would consider that, unless it was maybe a few items for testing the waters at first with the agreement that after x (be that time or amount sold) a minimum level would kick in.

I hope that something can be worked out for the benefit of a forum member, though.

ETA - if anyone is unsure of anything that is negotiated, please do ask in the forum for advice from those who have entered in to arrangements similar to this or who can otherwise offer advice.

Last edited:
I am not looking to make half but looking to buy to resale. When I started out I intended to do it myself. I am quickly realizing that this would be WAY more than I can take on with everything else I am involved with. So am looking for people that have natural products to sell at a price so if I can mark up 25% I would make what I needed. Or also looking into maybe consigning through my page or business. There are so many smart and wonderful people here I can see they are all willing to help. I am in the right place.

I think the problem is, you are very vague on what kind of business you are looking at putting together. Very little details.

I think what would get you a much better response is to lay out your plan , what kind of building, where (large city, small city, busy street etc). What is your vision and where would you like to take it?

Information is important when you are asking folks that put a lot of energy and take great pride in their products.

To me it seems like you are fishing but with the wrong bait. I don't mean to sound mean or come across mean but these are things I want to know before I even consider putting my products in someone's store. Especially when now you are mentioning consignment.

Share some information about yourself. You just came in here asking for something as well.

Good Luck to you on your endeavor.

I'm sorry didn't mean to come off as vague. I am still in the research phase. I can't be to specific since I am not sure exactly where I am heading. I think I found a local source for what I am needing to get started. I guess just to say natural products. Soap, bath bombs, bath salts to start. A limited number of products till I see what is up. I live in Southern Indiana. I am hoping to go into a direct sales type thing. Like a home party plan but to do at bazaars, work place basket parties, on a FB page, and hopefully a webpage. Thank you to all that helped.

I sell wholesale and would be happy to assist you, however I do have minimums that must be met. I live in Illinois so not too far from Indiana. If you are interested pls send me a pm and I can give you more info.

Vicci, do you have a business plan? I think that would be a really good idea. You are going to need one for many reasons, especially financing if you end up going that way. Plus it will make you sit down and think/re-think a number of issues that you may not be focusing upon carefully. They are not fun to do, but invaluable if you are seriously going forth/investing money in a business. Many of the things that people are asking questions about will be answered by *your* answers in a bp.

It doesn't have to be perfect, especially in draft, but I promise it will be helpful. Even if you don't have all the details worked out, start a draft and and add to it as you go along. Some of the questions here will give you a good start on the thought process. Also, there are many business plan formats out there to give you a sense of what should be in yours, including specialized ones for b&b (you'll have to google) and good general ones - I think the one on the USBA has a good one: https://www.sba.gov/writing-business-plan

Last edited:
Jeff does wholesale, and also has many many videos and info on how to become a successful reseller.

http://www.thesoapguy.com/

ETA: He's in Indiana also

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back