Funny requests

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmtree

Reaction score
Ok so I got an order for a soap last night and they requested a platypus or a bear be carved in it or some kind if picture of one of these be added to the order. This sounds interesting to me and I don't mind trying to oblige. But how the heck do I do this?

You can also look for unmounted rubber stamps that feature the animal and place them in the bottom of individual molds before pouring the soap.

Maybe see if you can find a temporary tattoo of the animal and apply it to the soap? I've seen it for M&P, but I would think it would work for CP too.

Would it be to late to try to stamp (just the surface) with sort sort of colorant with a platypus stamp? Maybe spray the surface of the soap with alcohol first to try to get the colorant to stick. It wouldn't last long but neither would a carving.

I have had some success with rubber stamping soap by first heating the bar slightly with a heat gun. But you must be very careful as it can melt your soap. Try a practice piece until you get the hang on it.

Could you post a pic of the bars you have to work with so we can see the colors and patterns? And how old (and hard) is the soap?

Could you carve a drawing into the surface of a bar, squirt a little honey in your lines for glue, and dust with mica, cocoa powder, a/c, or something similar so that the drawing stands out? A bear would probably be easier to draw/carve than a platypus -- but wouldn't a platypus be cool!

Would it be to late to try to stamp (just the surface) with sort sort of colorant with a platypus stamp? Maybe spray the surface of the soap with alcohol first to try to get the colorant to stick. It wouldn't last long but neither would a carving.

That's what I'm thinking. But then my husband suggested printing a photo then tracing it into the soap. Might try that. I love the platypus idea lol probably more likely to find a bear stamp though than a platypus.

Latest posts

Back