Vegetarian or carnivore?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your food habits?

• Total voters
Being vegetarian has become, I think, easier. So many substitutes. So many wonderful new recipes.

nope not a vegan, my hubby likes meat to much. in fact my middle child doesn't like meat and my hubby had a cow about it. :lol:

But I also hunt and shoot and process our own meat as well. We are deer hunters here (yep including me) and we filled three tags this season. Yuuummmmyyyy..... I made a hotdish last night with ground venison instead of beef.

Vegetarian here. Trying to be vegan. We eat a little cheese once in a while, but don't think I'll completely give up honey.

"As a Christian as well, it is always on my mind that we originally were to be vegetarians and will be again. " Good point gallerygirl. I have to admit that I agree. I went to boarding school for 4 years and that's the philosophy they held up so it was no meat (unless it was home-leave) for four years, then after my daughter I decided it was time.

See, cheese is a problem for me. I LOVE IT!!! BUT, I am pretty sure God will have a cheese that is made from plants up there :wink: k

I was nogetarian once for four days, stuck on a grey hound bus from AZ to West Virginia, No money, no food no nothin'. Whatever God blesses me with , thats what I eat. I see nothing wrong with vegi or vegan as long as its a heath thing. But let me tell ya you cant beat fresh hassenpfeffer.

Tabitha said:
Since tangled panda mentioned she was a veggie head I thought I would ask if anyone else was.

My husband & I are vegetarian, my 9 y/o daughter claims to be also & does very well but gives in to temptation once in a while, she asked once did hot dogs really count?-LOL! We always offer her meat since she is a growning kid but she rarely eats any. My 5 y/o is a carnivore big-time. When we go out for breakfast he orders bacon with a side of sausage. Poor thing, he was watching a commercial last night & said "Wow, it's a grilled cheese sandwich with a steak AND bacon inside!" It was a bacon cheese burger. Since we don't eat that way at home he discovers theses things & gets VERY excited & just *must* go try it out right away, so we do!
That's wonderful that you do that. We aren't vegetarians. But I am close. I use to be hooked on McDonald's double cheeseburgers. I mean, daily! But overtime my stomache decided it didn't agree with most beef from fast food restaurants. And now even their grilled or crispy chicken sandwhiches don't always agree with my tummy. I have a weakness now for fried shrimp. I will eat myself sick if at a buffet. But other then that (which is every few weeks)...I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I started the habit...when my 1st born started eating solids...of preparing cold cut veggies and fruits for snacks. So, between the pastas, salads, fruits and veggies...they don't mind. Noni takes them out for fast food weekly...which probably satisfies the carnivorous side. :lol: My husband and I learned how to make quick homemade pizzas. So, I enjoy my cheese side and he enjoys his loaded supreme side. :lol:

If you're worried about the fast food causes obesity, you can take the time to practice a healthy lifestyle, making healthy food choices, which is not necessary to include avoiding fast food all the time. You can balance a casual burger with plenty of healthy food choices among, and be sure to go for regular exercise as well. After some wise choices and healthy, do not have to worry about fast food causing obesity to you.

spammy link deleted - the mod team

I have been vegetarian for about 12 years, I was vegan for one. I am trying to go raw vegan, but if I want a cheese I say I can has bc life is too short to be spent fretting over cheese (literally). I have absolutely no desire to eat meat though, and salads are my favorite food, so raw is not that difficult. I think if you follow your diet 85% of the time a slip is fine - just depends on what you define as a slip. Even one meatless night a week is a start though! Just begin where you feel comfortable and then draw the line, because the line is arbitrary really.

I eat everything. Mostly I try to be conscious of eating plenty of veggies and fruits and let the rest fly. I actually just realized I have eaten vegetarian the past two days without even trying, ha. But I do love all kinds of food including meat. My husband has a smoker and omgsdjafkshsfi he makes some delicious foods (like ribs and pulled pork). I cook and bake at home as much as possible, especially in the fall/winter. So as long as I'm eating semi-healthy with a lot of whole foods and fresh stuff, I feel good about that.

Oh wow- I didn't realize how old this thread was when I voted. Well anyway, I voted carnivore but I'm really an omnivore. I used to be a vegetarian for 5 years, which gravitated into veganism and then into raw foodism (don't know if there's an official name for that or not). Turned back to omnivorism around 1999/2000. I pretty much each everything in moderation.

IrishLass :)

I am a genuine omnivore, eating pretty much anything that is edible by the human metabolism.

I enjoy vegetarian cuisine and was a lifestyler for a while, but medical considerations kinda put the Kibosh on that; I can still cook veggie with the best of 'em, though, and when I do it tends toward the Vegan style with options for animal products (cheese, eggs, honey, etc) on the side.

I eat meat on occassion, but have been working to eliminate it from my diet. Someday I would like to be vegan, but cheese will be a hard thing to let go of.

Being vegetarian is good thought and it is good for mind and soul. Even in many religion being vegetarian is good. And being vegetarian help to get better health, and prevents from infections or diseases like ringworm which happen due to pig meat.

spammy link deleted

Sherly said:
Being vegetarian is good thought and it is good for mind and soul. Even in many religion being vegetarian is good. And being vegetarian help to get better health, and prevents from infections or diseases like ringworm which happen due to pig meat.

Ringworm isn't caused by pig meat. It's caused by a fungus called Tinea.

Hazel said:
Ringworm isn't caused by pig meat. It's caused by a fungus called Tinea.

It sure is and according to my vegetarian sister who had it this last spring, it's not fun at all.

I tried the vegetarian bit for a while when I was in college and broke. As soon as finances improved I rediscovered my inner carnivore. Now I keep at least 10lbs of bacon in the freezer at all times along with 6 or 8 packages of Hormel Little Sizzlers. MMMMmmm. I enjoy cow but pig is my favorite.
As for cow, a really good steak is heaven sent but a burger fried in lard is tough to beat. Hear that? That's the sound of my arteries transporting all that cholesterol. Then of course, there is multi-meat, the all in one American favorite, the hot dog. Pile that puppy up with good chili, cheese, mustard, onions, cole slaw and get outta my way! My goodness, that's good! :D

Neither.
Been a vegetarian for over a decade, but it didn't feel healthy.
I'm all for diversity, organic food, getting my veggies and milk locally and moderation.

I'm a cheeseavoire, I dont eat much meat, but still like it sometimes (especially bacon..mmmm). I am gluten free, but have been cheating on that lately also. Its only because next to cheeseavoire Im a pizzavoire.

Back