New Soaper

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCNeicey122

Reaction score
Hello :bunny:.
I'm a newbie to soap making and the forum. I've only ever made fragranced Castile soap for my granddaughter. It turned out ok but wasn't thick enough and lacked moisture. I make my own body butter and I'm interested in new body & bath products for sensitive skin & eczema. It runs in the family unfortunately :(

Tired of wasting $$on products advertised for sensitive skin but doesn't work.

Welcome to the forum, DCNeicey122!

Hopefully you will have better luck next time with your next endeavour, it can take some time to get things right, so don`t despare, we have all been there!! At least you have come to the right place, we will be happy to assist you in troubbleshooting things!

Just a tip for you as I know it can be a bit daunting to join a forum and get the ball rolling.

When you decide you need help with a recipe, or method or you experience an issue with your soap, here is something that will help us help you:
Make a new thread with your problem. No need to bump up old threads that have similar questions, it is much better to start a fresh one. Forum-threads are like a salad; Best served when new : )

Then post your complete recipe in grams (water, lye, oils etc) also your method, and temps if you have them. That way if you encounter an issue we can perhaps deduce what the problem is. The more info we get, the better the help you will receive.

I am not sure what you mean when you say the the soap <<wasn`t thick enough and lacked moisture.>>? Was it dry and crumbly? Did your skin feel dry after use?

If you want to solve any issues you might have with that soap, you can start a new thread, and ask what the problem might be with your last soap. Just follow the steps I mentioned and you`re already on the way.

Welcome to the forum, DCNeicey122!

Hopefully you will have better luck next time with your next endeavour, it can take some time to get things right, so don`t despare, we have all been there!! At least you have come to the right place, we will be happy to assist you in troubbleshooting things!

Just a tip for you as I know it can be a bit daunting to join a forum and get the ball rolling.

When you decide you need help with a recipe, or method or you experience an issue with your soap, here is something that will help us help you:
Make a new thread with your problem. No need to bump up old threads that have similar questions, it is much better to start a fresh one. Forum-threads are like a salad; Best served when new : )

Then post your complete recipe in grams (water, lye, oils etc) also your method, and temps if you have them. That way if you encounter an issue we can perhaps deduce what the problem is. The more info we get, the better the help you will receive.

I am not sure what you mean when you say the the soap <<wasn`t thick enough and lacked moisture.>>? Was it dry and crumbly? Did your skin feel dry after use?

If you want to solve any issues you might have with that soap, you can start a new thread, and ask what the problem might be with your last soap. Just follow the steps I mentioned and you`re already on the way.

Thank you MySoapyHeart. I tried making a liquid soap and it left my skin very dry and itchy.

Thank you MySoapyHeart. I tried making a liquid soap and it left my skin very dry and itchy.

You are most welcome!

Oh, ok, then I understand what you meant!
It was pretty obvious really that you meant liquid soap, I should have known since you gave the clue when you said it wasn`t *thick* enough : P

Back