Are you obsessed with soap making?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divinegoddessoaps17

Reaction score
Wow.......I just realized that I am obsessed with soap making! CP. Can't get enough - always searching for new recipes, new fragrances. Oh......what can I make next! Right now, I'm making about 4 - 5 batches a week (getting ready for fall festival season). I have about 6-7 new recipes and flavors that I still need to make AND I'm still looking for more! I'm obsessed! LOL Are you?

I'll admit I'm addicted.
My day job is a horticulturist and at this time of year things are starting to slow down after almost 5 months of minimal soap making.
There's a batch of melt and pour in molds on the stove as we speak. I set everything up before I go to work so when I get home all I have to do is power up the thermostatic hot plate. This way I can get a pour at night and a pour before I go to work in the am. Expensive molds so I didn't buy a lot of them.
And then there's the cp soaps that I am selling locally.Sales are slow but all of a sudden I'm low on 3 of the recipes. How did this happen? Geez, I have to restock? And then theres the 6 different formulations of shave soap.Haven't used one I didn't like.
And the fragrance stash. No comment.

Totally obsessed.
I'm at 3 batches of cp a week. I don't sell and I'm single with no kids, so you can imagine how much I give away. But I love opening my door and smelling all the wonderful scents. I love acting the "mad scientist" and seeing how new colors, infusions, and scents turn out in my creations. And I love surfing the web for inspirations and who has what on sale. If I'm not at work, I'm thinking about what soap will be next. And, I love reading this forum.:)

Hi. I'm Krista and I'm a soap making addict. Do I want to reform? Absolutely not! In the last 2 weeks I've made 32 batches of CP. I'm sitting here now wondering if there's a new scent blend, ingredient or swirl I need to try. Do I want therapy? Absolutely not!:crazy:

I am just like you! Well maybe not quite like you - 32 batches in 2 week?!!! You go girl!! I'm constantly thinking about what I;m going to make next. Tomorrow I'm making Vanilla Bean Cocoa swirl. I just can't get enough! Today I made Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcake soap!

Oh yeah....absolutely obsessed. I'm sure my husband and kids are tired of hearing about soap. My youngest (who's 2.5 years old) runs to the sink randomly throughout the day and says, "Soap, Momma!"

There are worse addictions, I suppose. I hope I never get bored of it. :)

You know you're going to hanging another set of shelves on your computer room door, Kittish, so just do it! If not you'll be obsessing over it for a few weeks: dreaming about it at night, disrupting your work day, forgetting items on your grocery list, turning down the wrong street on your way to an appointment....:think: :lol:

Yeah but not too much I attracted to scent than the design and colours. I love to Sniff the soap. If I like to see the colour and design too.

It's expensive addiction.

Ooohhh, I'd love to see your cupcake soaps!

They turned out well - little bigger than anticipated. 6.3 to 6.5 oz. wow!! That's pumpkin flakes sprinkled on top.
https://www.facebook.com/divinegoddessoaps/?pnref=story

pumpki spice.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty well obsessed, yea. The only reason I'm not making soap several times a week is that I don't have room to cure that much soap, even with making small batches. Though I could hang another set of shelves on the back of the computer room door...

Same here! I looove making soap, but then I end up with way too much! Haha.

I'm not what I'd call obsessed about making soap per se. Don't get me wrong -- I like to make soap, and I miss it if I don't make a few batches each month, but I don't HAVE to scratch this particular itch often.

I get as much enjoyment out of simply using my soap in the shower or at the sink ... and hearing from other folks about how much they like my soap. One guy is celebrating his recovery from cancer treatment by cracking open the packaging on his last bar of my soap and placing an order for 10 more bars. The pleasure he clearly gets from the soap makes me feel really good. :)

When I first started soaping and probably for the first 5 years, I was maniacal when it came to making soap. Completely and totally obsessed.

I still go through phases like that where I'll get a bug and for a month or 2 I can think of nothing else, but after 20 years of crafting (candles and soap) I don't experiment quite as much and am not as obsessed as I used to be.

Don't get me wrong, like DeeAnna, I LOVE making soap, and I LOVE using my soap, but it's not a do or die feeling as much as it used to be at the beginning.

When I first started soaping and probably for the first 5 years, I was maniacal when it came to making soap. Completely and totally obsessed.

I still go through phases like that where I'll get a bug and for a month or 2 I can think of nothing else, but after 20 years of crafting (candles and soap) I don't experiment quite as much and am not as obsessed as I used to be.

Don't get me wrong, like DeeAnna, I LOVE making soap, and I LOVE using my soap, but it's not a do or die feeling as much as it used to be at the beginning.

I was the same way about 20 years ago. Making soaps all the time. I had a B&M back then. Then I went to work at a Drs office - (was an x-ray tech). Didn't make any soap at all for such a long time! NOW I"M RETIRED!! Yeah - I make soaps all the time now. I mostly do festivals, which I really like doing - meeting new people - different venues. I'm having fun.

I love making soap and meeting people but I never heard anyone nearby who doing soap too, it seems British people don't like to put effort to do so but instead they just want get a soap from supermarket. Maybe there's some soap maker in England but not as much as in US. My friends ask me why I put myself into hardship that I can just get it from the store as I said to them, I love using what I making.

Latest posts

Back