Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From https://instagram.com/josoaphine
IMG_20190702_235741.jpg

I think so. Looking at the edge, I think I can see where the dough is joined with the regular bar.
upload_2019-7-2_16-6-7.png

I'm really curious how she got the rough texture.

Hmm.. or would it just be a picture behind the soap? That would make it a lot easier to match the colors than to wait for the perfect lighting etc. Still impressive though!

OMG!!!! If had the mad skills and patience I'd be all about making golf soap. My 2 oldest are golfing fanatics so would love that! Top made with soap dough you think?

I thought the same thing--my kid is all about the golf. it might be the only soap of mine he would want (I don't know what is wrong with him but he insists on using his store bought liquid soap grrrrrrrrrrrrr--I have even tried to temp him with scents he likes and of course it would be free?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

I'm a fan of hers. I read through her captions though coz some of the soaps she posts are by her students. Still, if she taught them.........
I guess the swirling in the middle layers could be done with the cosmic funnel swirl. Would it then be possible to force the batter up in wisps by pouring fluid batter on the top? Maybe by using the dancing funnel technique?

I guess the swirling in the middle layers could be done with the cosmic funnel swirl. Would it then be possible to force the batter up in wisps by pouring fluid batter on the top? Maybe by using the dancing funnel technique?
No idea, love..

I've seen a video where the soap is poured over the gear tie and pulled up once.. Could that have helped, after pouring like you said?

The pointy layers technique is the challenge this month for Amy Warden’s Soap Challenge Club, so you should start seeing you tube videos and Instagram posts with information on this. The technique is being taught by Teri Endsley. Basically, it’s an exercise in finding the right trace, pouring one layer in lines over the previous layer, then covering the lines and previous layer. Pour as close as possible to prevent the batter from dropping too far into the batter below. Search pointy layers on YouTube and Instagram, and also #soapchallengeclub on Instagram. Tutorials for all challenges are available for purchase at the website.

I’m not sure that is how this soap was made, but the effect is the same.

just blows my mind that people can come up with these amazing ideas--and I am very grateful to live in the age of youtube. not that I would be able to do a lot of these but it sure is fun looking at them and trying some of the ones that aren't too complicated but still very imaginative

What’s the trace level and technique to get this sort of billowy swirling on the top?

Attachments

• 69FC1888-2AF2-4BA9-AC48-D7CC42EA9B4D.jpeg
    69FC1888-2AF2-4BA9-AC48-D7CC42EA9B4D.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 80
  • EFE70769-8E30-41BB-B823-15E5E5C24C0F.jpeg
    EFE70769-8E30-41BB-B823-15E5E5C24C0F.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts

Back