fixed my failed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MzMolly65

Reaction score
The carrot buttermilk batch was such a failure so I left it sitting there on the shelf while I gave it some thought but it kept staring back at me all dark and caustic daring me to do something.

.. and gratefully I ran across Mayren's thread about CP/HP sugar cube scrubs. I decided to give her 1/2/3 recipe a try.

I wanted something to work with the already brownish carrot colour of the bar and voila .. lovely brown sugar scrubs, scented with Brazilian Red Orange and Lavender.

I used 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown but you can really smell the brown sugar undertones through the eo's. It's a strange scent but oddly delicious and comforting. Maybe I smell granny's kitchen???

IMG_3830.jpg

I forgot to ask .. how long before I can use these? Her recipe says to leave for 4 days before packaging in an air tight container .. but not if they have to cure for a length of time.

ETA: I really want to thank Mayren for her recipe. Her generosity in sharing a recipe that took her time and effort to construct is a blessing to this new soaper. Thank you to all the people here on this forum who share their ideas, thoughts, experiments, failures and successes. I am very, very grateful!!

Last edited:
Those look really great. I want. Will you please hook us up with a link to the recipe?

Those look really great. I want. Will you please hook us up with a link to the recipe?

Grrr ... I cannot find the original thread that lead me to this fix but here is the link to her blog page with the recipe

http://mayren.blogspot.com/2010/10/mayrens-12345-sugar-scrub-cube-recipe.html

The original thread had everyone's pictures of their scrubs. :confused: Don't know why I can't find it now.

ETA: she talks about the mix needing to look like a dough ball .. mine did not. Mine was sticky, wet crumbs but one thing I learned from cement and plaster arts is "compression is the key" so I just packed the bejeebers out of mine and they firmed up fine .. as you can see in the picture.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back