What is the best sifter (or other tool) for pencil lines?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
Hello! I am loving those pencil lines, but I am not loving my sifter. Mine is small and very shallow. Large pieces fall over the sides, which is very annoying. It's just like this one:
sifter.jpg

For those of you who do pencil lines, which tool do you recommend for them? And where can I get one?

Thank you!

Wow! You are a wealth of helpful information. Those look fantastic!!! With one of those I can keep my soaping cocoa separate from my baking cocoa. Love them!

For fine powder like cocoa or activated charcoal, I stretch a piece of (clean unused) nylon panty hose over the mouth of a shallow jar. It works great and keeps the powder from clumping at all. I have tried the tea steeper thing, but it still got too clumpy at times.

you can make your own, They sell different size screens for sifting out different particle sizes, you just build a frame around it.
I have the exact same strainer you have but works well, its pretty fine screening & its hard to find a good screen, most have holes that are too big for a fine powder.

Latest posts

Back