Half and Half soap--Is it ruined?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbp

Reaction score
I tried a new milk soap recipe using half and half......it has been about 3 days since I made it -- if I smell the bar, it smells ok (used a fo oil with vanilla) but if I rub a bit of the soap btw my fingers, it smells like sour milk :( I have never had this happen before ... is it ruined?

Thanks for any insight!
Susan

I would let it cure for a few more weeks or a month , the scent changes a lot as it cures , the sour milk scent should go away. GM sometimes smells not to great at first either.

Kitn

thanks...

Thanks, Kitn!
I'll leave it be :) This is my first experience with cp using half and half (cow) so I will just be patient, and see how it cures.....
Susan

I made a soap with regular milk powder reconstituted, at first after cutting the soap smelt sooooo bad i was going to vomit. But after a good cure, I didn't check on it much for a few weeks cos the smell was that bad I just couldn't bring myself to go near it. But anyway now it's my absolute favourite soap, the smell is creamy /nutty and the lather is beautiful, rich thick and creamy. This is my facial soap at the moment and it's beautiful.

Back