What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't want to "toot" my horn - but I went nutz this morning when I cut it! wow, wow wow.

I have been waiting 4 days now to cut my Summer Meadow (patchouli and grass) soap. It taunts me! I'm still waiting but got it out of the silicone loaf mould to find it is still rather soft. I have a sneaky feeling it might just be my best swirl yet but wont know for a day or two maybe...oh the tease!

Yesterday I unmolded some soaps from the batch from the day before; unmolded more this morning & am waiting to unmold more. 33% lye concentration really slows down the unmolding process, especially with individual molds not CPOP'd. I even used SL, but still they are not fully ready to come out.

Today I started another batch & hopefully won't forget the fragrance this time. The colorants are in the oil waiting for me to get going.

I have been waiting 4 days now to cut my Summer Meadow (patchouli and grass) soap. It taunts me! I'm still waiting but got it out of the silicone loaf mould to find it is still rather soft. I have a sneaky feeling it might just be my best swirl yet but wont know for a day or two maybe...oh the tease!

So hard to wait - isn't it!

Have you tried one half hour in the freezer yet ? That works sometimes to give it that final firmness needed to drop it out of the mold.

Made another curing rack (pics someday when I get organized) and will be doing another scent test batch when I decide what recipe to use (I want to try a couple). May get really crazy and make three different recipes of soap and 12 scents....

Made another curing rack (pics someday when I get organized) and will be doing another scent test batch when I decide what recipe to use (I want to try a couple). May get really crazy and make three different recipes of soap and 12 scents....

Can I please stand down wind from your kitchen when you do the 12 scent test ????

I gave my family my soap samples and I am getting amazing reviews ( obviously there are advices on improvement which I am taking in for the betterment ) and totally loving it. I want to try it as a business an yr or 2 down the lane. *Fingers crossed*

IMG_6864.jpg

It's going to be interesting -- a couple Old Spice clones, some floral/base note test mixes, and a mish-mash of base scents to see what they are like in soap.

It will be smelly, I think....

Have you tried one half hour in the freezer yet ? That works sometimes to give it that final firmness needed to drop it out of the mold.

We have a tiny freezer section and it is full of stuff at the moment but I will try that when I can, thank you.

Supposed to be I already made my 100% coconut oil and my homemade coconut milk but my back it's killing me. I froze my milk maybe I will do it tomorrow.

Back