And.... the lemon is back!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psfred

Reaction score
I scented one of my first shave soaps with small amounts of amyris FO and lemon FO, and the lemon seemed to vanish after a few weeks.

But for the last couple days, using the same twist-up tube shave stick, I'm suddenly getting a nice low level of lemon scent while I'm shaving. Can't really smell it in the stick, but it's definitely there in the lather.

So maybe HP soap hangs on to things like lemon FO better than cold process.

I'll put in twice as much next time, but unless I make more shave soap for fun, that will be a few years off, it looks like that 125 gr portion is going to give me superb shaves for more than a year.

I do the same as Kamahido, I use lemongrass in my CP and it sticks well. I've heard Lemon EO does do better in HP as it's added after saponification and therefore the lye doesn't play a part in it fading though if added too hot it may burn off some. So, I just don't use it.

I use lemongrass in my CP, and lemon EO in my liquid soap. I add the lemon during dilution, so it does not get too hot, and it sticks fine in my liquid soap. So, yes, you can add lemon EO to HP, after the cook, and it should stick fine if you use enough. However, lemongrass is much, much cheaper, so when I get through this bottle of lemon EO, I will not be buying more.

I use lemongrass in my CP, and lemon EO in my liquid soap. I add the lemon during dilution, so it does not get too hot, and it sticks fine in my liquid soap. So, yes, you can add lemon EO to HP, after the cook, and it should stick fine if you use enough. However, lemongrass is much, much cheaper, so when I get through this bottle of lemon EO, I will not be buying more.

Another option is Lemon (5 fold) natural blend from New Directions Aromatics if you like the true lemon smell.

Latest posts

Back