~*~ SMF August 2017 Challenge - Rock and Gem Soaps! ~*~
~ Last Look At July Photo Entries~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Candle Making Forum > What's Up With Ecosoya?

Old 08-10-2017, 03:36 AM   #1
KristaY
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 885 Posts
Likes Given: 2415

Default What's Up With Ecosoya?

I've been trying to find my favorite wax melt soy wax from Ecosoya but I can't find it anywhere! Then I read they're reformulating some of their products. Has anyone read about this?

I really like the Ecosoya CB/PB blend for my wax melts because I got no frosting as opposed to every other thing I tried. If I can't get it in the next couple of weeks I'll have to consider changing brands.

For those of you who make wax melts, do you have a brand you like that won't frost and crumble? I tried Golden Brands but I wasn't happy with it. I also tried blending Ecosoya CB and Ecosoya PB (50% each) but that wasn't great either.

I'm a bit frantic about it!

Old 08-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
bumbleklutz

Liked 137 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaY View Post
I've been trying to find my favorite wax melt soy wax from Ecosoya but I can't find it anywhere! Then I read they're reformulating some of their products. Has anyone read about this?

I really like the Ecosoya CB/PB blend for my wax melts because I got no frosting as opposed to every other thing I tried. If I can't get it in the next couple of weeks I'll have to consider changing brands.

For those of you who make wax melts, do you have a brand you like that won't frost and crumble? I tried Golden Brands but I wasn't happy with it. I also tried blending Ecosoya CB and Ecosoya PB (50% each) but that wasn't great either.

I'm a bit frantic about it!
I'm not a candle maker, so I'm not sure if this applies to the wax that you are looking for; but I found the following article. According to this article, it may be that the wax you are looking for is no longer being made.

http://www.makingyourowncandlesblog....end-of-an-era/

Edited to add: I'm sorry that this is happening to you. It sucks when a trusted product suddenly becomes unavailable.

Last edited by bumbleklutz; 08-10-2017 at 08:16 AM. Reason: to add additional info

Old 08-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 4448 Times on 2974 Posts
Likes Given: 3621

I've read elsewhere they are no longer making it. Many candlemakers are scrambling to find something new

Old 08-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #4
LilyJo

Liked 90 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Apparently the replacement for EcoSoy will be released (at least in the UK) in September.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
dixiedragon

Liked 3551 Times on 2051 Posts
Likes Given: 1577

http://communitycandlesupply.com/blo...ore-expensive/

I learned today that the cost of Soy Wax is going up and will continue to go up, because the FDA has passed regulations requiring the food industry to eliminate all hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated products by 2018. What does this mean for candle and soap makers? It means we are going to see our Soy Wax, Cotton Wax, Soy Shortening, and any other hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated products go up, up, and up.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
Viore

Liked 97 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 257

I heard about Ecosoya discontinuing my favorite blend of soy wax back in May. I went frantic trying to buy some before it was all gone, and managed to snag 50lbs of it from a random website. Ecosoya said they were coming out with their new formulation by the end of May, but if you haven't seen it anywhere I guess it got pushed back.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:58 AM   #7
KristaY
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 885 Posts
Likes Given: 2415

Well, CRAP! Now I have no idea what to try next. If the prices are going to sky rocket, I may have to stop making them since it'll no longer be cost effective for me or the general public. It makes me wonder what the candle giants are going to use and how much their products are going to increase.

I'll keep trolling until I find something promising. I read on one site they expected soy wax back in stock by mid August. It's still not available. I really don't want to sit on a ton of FO's that aren't skin safe or soap friendly.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #8
bumbleklutz

Liked 137 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 286

KristaY, If you haven't yet, check out this link. http://ngielements.com/ It is to the manufacturer of Ecosoya's web site. On the front page is a short explanation of what is going on with the Ecosoya products, and why it has taken longer than expected to reformulate. There are no guarantees, but it looks promising that their products will be back in stock soon.