New to soap... kinda

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi everyone!
I am personally new to the forum and for real I guess I'm new to making soap. my husband was a member of this forum back in '07 and we made several successful CP soaps. I helped, but didn't learn as much as I wish I would have. we got busy doing other things and stopped making our soaps. my sweet husband passed away in an accident a year ago. I so want to make our soaps again and sell them in our hometown. I have done a little quick batch just to see if I can remember... it was mostly good but only for a trial run. I used olive oil and coconut oil. I also used about half of a 0.5 Oz bottle of lavender EO. It turned out pretty good. it's curing now.
I do remember we used castor oil in one of our recipes and possibly some cocoa butter. I'm trying to learn to navigate the forum. I'm sure he probably posted a recipe or two that we used but I haven't been able to find any.
so I guess I'm starting from scratch with just a little bit of a memory of how to make soap! thanks goodness I did remember the forum!
I'm so looking forward to becoming a member of the community and learning from you all. any advice or help is greatly appreciated!
my husband was edco76 for anyone who has been around that long.

Welcome back to the forum. So sorry to hear of your loss. It's just like riding a bike! Before you know it - you'll be making soaps like you did before. Check out soapqueen.com They have some wonderful tutorials to help you.

Welcome, Wilscotwash! ;Wave:

I'm so sorry to hear about your Ed passing away. :cry: I joined the forum in 2008, just about the same time as the last time he posted to the forum from the looks of it, so I never got to interact with him. I just now went back and read many of his posts and just wanted to say that I fell in love with his kindness, helpfulness, and witty sense of humor. Several of his posts had me laughing out loud. You must miss him terribly.

While reading through his posts, I came across this one where he posted the recipe he was using:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showpost.php?p=7827&postcount=8

It doesn't have castor oil in it, but he mentioned in another post in a different thread where he said he was going to try using some, but I haven't found a post (yet) where he mentions any more about it.

Anyway- a big heart welcome to you! I hope you'll feel at home here. :)

IrishLass :)

Welcome! I am fairly new here, so I didn't know your husband. I am very sorry for your loss.

But, I'm glad you remembered the forum- everyone here is so kind and supportive. You've come to the right place for soap info!

Hello and welcome. I hope you find this family of soapers as helpful and supportive as I have over the years. May soaping again bring back some wonderful happy memories for you.

Back