Soapandthings.com Jody's Soap & Creations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loubou75

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with www.soapthings.com I have seen some good moulds on there that we can not get here in the UK. On eBay her international postage seems to be cheap compared to others. However, I have sent her several emails to ask how much combined postage is to the UK for some of the moulds and I have not received one reply. I have sent the messages to her eBay shop and on her actual website and I have not heard anything.

Is this normal? It isn't very professional.

jody's soap and things

I buy her supplies sometimes however she has developed a reputation of not responding back to emails although she does ship my orders and I am happy with the products.

I totally agree it is not professional to not get back to the customer . She does have a phone number on her site too if that helps.

I decided not to buy from there anymore for that reason

Loubou75 said:
Hi

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with www.soapthings.com I have seen some good moulds on there that we can not get here in the UK. On eBay her international postage seems to be cheap compared to others. However, I have sent her several emails to ask how much combined postage is to the UK for some of the moulds and I have not received one reply. I have sent the messages to her eBay shop and on her actual website and I have not heard anything.

If a supplier was not responding to my emails/requests for information...then I would think twice about ordering from them.

There are several complaints about her in various places. My own was receiving containers with cat hair in them, and stuck under labels. And got rude responses when any at all.

I didn't even know she was still in business.

carebear said:
There are several complaints about her in various places. My own was receiving containers with cat hair in them, and stuck under labels. And got rude responses when any at all.

I didn't even know she was still in business.

Seems she's a reseller for WSP... hmmm...

I have given up on Jody's Soap and Creations. She had been extremely helpful to me in the past, but the last 6 months have not been a very satisfying experience for me with orders I've placed. I've received no acknowledgements on orders. I've e-mailed her 5 times to ask questions with NO replies. I did place orders, but the one time I wanted 3 tube molds and only wound up with the small one because they were out of stock! If I had know that, I could have saved some time by ordering it from someone else. No e-mail saying sorry, but we aren't carrying that anymore, no updated website, no nothing. I ordered bottles and caps - they sent the caps with no bottles - out of stock again -I wrote to her telling her I didn't know why I was writing AGAIN, because I'm totally ignored - to tell them that if I had know the bottles were out of stock, not available, discontinued, WHATEVER!!! that I would have canceled the caps!!! Now I have 25 disc caps with no bottles. And I needed them!!! So another waste of my time...........her prices were great, her service used to be great, but after my experiences these last few months, I'm looking elsewhere for product.

I will NEVER purchase from her again! Terrible experiences, terrible customer service, no responses to emails....never again.

PS...everything she sells, you can find at other suppliers. I did and I am soooooo happy I do not have to deal with her ever again.

I have had an email from her which explains the issues, I guess most of you have had it as well? Everything should be fine now and I will definitely give it another try, as she is one of the rare US suppliers that has no problems shipping to the UK and without charging a fortune.

Loubou75 said:
Hi

I have ordered from Jody several times and most the times there were no problems. Recently I did not count my bottles and pump sprays and sure enough i was 30 short! Soooo i had to order and pay for them. Then just recently i odered some bottles and this time i did count them and i was only one bottle short-so i have e-mailed her several times regarding this matter and i am not getting anywhere! Makes me think twice about finding another supplier! I only asked for her to send the bottle-i know its just one bottle but i paid for it and as a business owner she should mail it along with an e-mail/response. I mean how hard is that? VERY VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

CiCi said:
PS...everything she sells, you can find at other suppliers. I did and I am soooooo happy I do not have to deal with her ever again.

take note!!! if you need help finding an alternate source, just ask - we're good at sourcing stuff!

I see that she changed her website address now. After reading all this I will not order from her ever.

Good news, I received a shipping notice this morning from Jody. I assumed that she has reshipped the fragrance oils, so I've only really got good things to say about her and her company. I will definitely order from her again if they all get here safe and sound. :)

edit: see next page

Wow! I have never seen anything arrive even close to that bad! Did a 5-year-old package it? I am curious how your next one arrives. Personally, I would avoid them if only because it is very important that I can trust the company we are ordering from will be super sanitary and organized for our customers' safety.

Lisa

Sadly, nothing else has arrived. I'm hopeful that whatever she shipped with get here this week. :( I guess maybe I spoke too soon.

She even says in her website that she forgets stuff because as we know she has 3 kids. Doesn't sound very professional to me.

Kwpgrooming said:
She even says in her website that she forgets stuff because as we know she has 3 kids. Doesn't sound very professional to me.

That's so stupid. I have 5 kids and I've never forgotten anything in an order. It's not the customers fault that she can't keep things straight. :roll:

Back