From the foothills of the Rockies: Hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleInger

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Jeanne and I am a new soaper! (Don't get that confused with "doper" just cuz I'm from Colorado;))

I've been perusing the posts and am excited to see the level of expertise here. I have to admit, it was a wee bit intimidating browsing the soap pictures. There is so much to learn... Today I made my first batch "solo" - no supervision. It took me 40 minutes to line my wood soap mold,:headbanging: and 15 to whip up the soap. That kind of sums me up.

In the last couple of years I've been learning to make lotions, salves and creams; began classes on herbs and am now harvesting them from my own garden. Been growing my own chicken eggs for a few years. And now: Soap! So much to learn (did I say that already?) Methinks I've landed at the right place.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

Welcome to the forum. If you start with a simple soap recipe with no color, making soap won't seem so intimidating. I would work on perfecting your base recipe before trying layering or swirling.

That is what I have been advised. I took a class here locally and they advise making the simple recipes 4-6 times before signing up for the advanced class. I do marvel at some of the soaps I've seen here. Never gave it a second thought when I would see beautiful handmade soaps at the Farmer's Markets, or boutiques, but now I understand what an art form soap making can be!

That is what I have been advised. I took a class here locally and they advise making the simple recipes 4-6 times before signing up for the advanced class.

Howdy from Lone Tree CO! Very good advice you got there. If you don't mind my asking, who taught the class on soapmaking?

Hi from Henderson CO.
Create a template for your liner. It will save you time and frustration. When I use my templates to line my molds, I can get them lined in under a minute tops.

Greetings and welcome to the addiction! :)

Forget addiction... it's a wormhole into a completely different dimension totally void of any...

...... you know this just got me thinking about 'the word association game' thread and maybe we could start a sentence thread and create the longest book ever!....

Anyway, Welcome :mrgreen:

Back