Brambleberry new cocktail collection

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS is such a good idea for a fragrance testing soap swap. Same recipe for everyone, same .7 ppo fragrance amount. Do sample sized test batches of 1 pound soaps everyone does say 4 or 5 cut into travel size slices labels fragrance and mfgr and mail to other people in the swap.

Sign up sheet your name and which fragrances you will share so there are no dupes.

Just an idea for those cleaver people who can organize this type of thing. I'm past my organizing days and just trying to remember why I went into the garage! :bunny:

I tried to organize a coconut scent swap this summer but I think everyone is just too busy. I think people liked the idea of the swap, but it inconvenient timing. I might try again, but maybe broader - something like everybody submits samples of 5 different fragrances that they love. Not full bars, but small pieces in the .5-1 oz range.

Oh Silly me! I thought that was for swapping fragrance bottles!, not soap ..... :headbanging:

I would LOVE to participate in a soap swap. And I wish we would do a secret Santa for Christmas.

:dancingsanta::santa:

Jade is the best gem one, by far. Turquoise is pretty good. Amethyst is okay, if not my style. Moonstone is rough. It's the most grandma's powder scent I've ever smelled.

Thank goodness I did not get Moonstone, the soap Anne Marie did was amazing and I waged the scent but if it Grand Ma's powder smelling, I get enough of that at work XD Amethyst was nice smelling to me though, pretty much hit the mark of what I thought it would smell like, perfect for my mom anyway :)

Oh Silly me! I thought that was for swapping fragrance bottles!, not soap ..... :headbanging:

I would LOVE to participate in a soap swap. And I wish we would do a secret Santa for Christmas.

:dancingsanta::santa:

A secret Santa would be fun!

Fragrance swap - That's been tagged on to other swaps in the past. As in, everybody submits a bar of soap (or lotion, or whatever) and also a 1 oz bottle of a favorite FO.

So I got the set I ordered today. Kentucky Bourbon is a win for me, I kind of dig it. The Sparkling Fig one was nice too. On the fence about Scotch Whiskey, will have to sniff again later.

Spiked Eggnog is a big, giant NO for me. My mother didn't hate it, but it literally turned my stomach. Going to have to start a destash box cuz there's no way I'd ever use this FO.

So I got the set I ordered today. Kentucky Bourbon is a win for me, I kind of dig it. The Sparkling Fig one was nice too. On the fence about Scotch Whiskey, will have to sniff again later.

Spiked Eggnog is a big, giant NO for me. My mother didn't hate it, but it literally turned my stomach. Going to have to start a destash box cuz there's no way I'd ever use this FO.

Did you just smell it OOB? Did you test via a drop on some paper or something? It makes a huge world Of difference.

it was OOB, but a drop onto a paper towel doesn't make much difference to me when it comes to whether or not I'll be able to handle a scent. A drop on paper may make it so that I can stand to sniff it without it eliciting a gag response, but it won't make me like it. There's something about certain foodie smells that I just can't take, especially if it's supposed to smell like baking/creamy/sweet. I have the same reaction to a lot of pumpkin/cookie/pie smells. I can do Oatmeal, Milk and Honey and fruit scents just fine though.

it was OOB, but a drop onto a paper towel doesn't make much difference to me when it comes to whether or not I'll be able to handle a scent. A drop on paper may make it so that I can stand to sniff it without it eliciting a gag response, but it won't make me like it. There's something about certain foodie smells that I just can't take, especially if it's supposed to smell like baking/creamy/sweet. I have the same reaction to a lot of pumpkin/cookie/pie smells. I can do Oatmeal, Milk and Honey and fruit scents just fine though.

I get it it but many of the scents do change in soaps. Eggnog is a drink that I always hate unless i buy certain brands that don't add that nasty flavoring to it. So smelling that might send me through a wall.

Just got mine in:

I didnt care for the bourbon, unfortunately it smells like perfume to me
I like the green note in the fig one
I adore the spiked eggnog
The whiskey is sweet and subtle and I like it

none of them really capture the alcohol smell to my nose which is a shame

Just got mine in:

I didnt care for the bourbon, unfortunately it smells like perfume to me
I like the green note in the fig one
I adore the spiked eggnog
The whiskey is sweet and subtle and I like it

none of them really capture the alcohol smell to my nose which is a shame

LOL, I'll swap you my eggnog for your bourbon. ;)

I just made the Spiked Eggnog from BB today. Didn't like the smell that much in the bottle = but as of tonight - smells really good! I like the Sparking Fig cocktail, and the Bourbon! Will be making the Bourbon soap this week-end. Not much for the scotch whiskey one.

Latest posts

Back