Feathers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I entered Amy Warden's challenge and this month is the Secret Feather swirl. This technique has never been successful for me, so I was pretty pumped to finally get some feathers. I entered the first one (based on Big Bird's colors and a Grapefruit FO blend). The other is a lavender mint EO blend.

big bird 1.jpg

lavender feather 2.jpg

Aw shucks, thanks! This is a difficult technique for sure. One thing I tried to do that I think helped was to keep the soap in the side dividers higher than the 'feather' soap poured in the middle. It keeps the colored batter from spreading out so much when the dividers are removed. My previous attempts always resulted in wide, flat semi feathers. I used a T&S mold too, and I think that helps. I'm just happy I was able to do it - I've had so many flops with this technique.

Dibbles!!! Yours is big bird soap!! I didn't realise that was you!!

I was just looking through all the entries and my husband pointed yours out and said he really likes the flash of blue at the top.

Dibbles!!! Yours is big bird soap!! I didn't realise that was you!!

I was just looking through all the entries and my husband pointed yours out and said he really likes the flash of blue at the top.

I like yours too Sonya. I thought it was yours before I even looked to see who made it. That must mean you have a recognizable style :)

Latest posts

Back