transparent soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babegrr

Reaction score
does anybody made transparent soap? do you make it from scratch or buy the MP base? if so how is the process to add color and fragrance? im sorry if this is a stipend question but im totally new to this. I tried to look for tutorials online about transparent soap but couldn't find a easy-good one ugh

Transparent soap is not really the same as melt & pour I have made transparent soap using Failor's Book. It does not melt nearly as well as melt & pour. If you are totally new to soap making, I suggest buying melt & pour base from Wholesale Supplies Plus or Bramble Berry. You need to have some experience under your belt before attempting a homemade melt & pour base or transparent soap which are both hot process. With a pre-made melt & pour base, all you have to do is melt it and add colorants, fragrance, etc. and pour it into a mold.

I have made transparent soap and I do not do melt and pour. Basically it is a combination of cold process and hot process....together. Then a lot of Everclear Alcohol is added as well as a sugar solution. It takes a lot of time and a lot of practice, but the results can be very nice. :crazy:

Try Susan's Crafty Corner on line, she has a HP recipe that I use. I don't put FO in it, because I use it later for M&P, and add fragrance then, but don't see any reason you couldn't add it during the process. It does take some time and attention. Good Luck!!

I make my own and I didn't think that the process was at all difficult. I had success the first batch. A little time consuming, though. I use it only for embeds. I melt it, add color and fragrance and pour. You have to be really quick at pouring, however. This stuff films over really quickly and doesn't allow you to play, much. That's the only part I hate. Otherwise, it is fun.

Latest posts

Back