Room Temperature CP Redux

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been doing this for 3 weeks and I doubt I'll ever go back to having to measure temps. It takes longer to trace, which gives me time to add color, e.o., f.o., etc. (I like to pour at very light trace.) If I want to split the soap batter, one doesn't get gloppy. If I want to put some in a measuring cup to pour into wee molds, it's still very pourable. Haven't had any flops (knock on wood:smile:). I do wait the full 24hrs before cutting. I love the fact that I can leave my hard oils in the hot water bath & my lye and run upstairs to do something.

I find my soaps tend to go to heavy trace. What recipe(s) do you use? Or do you just make sure to stop blending at the lighter trace?

My recipes have a high % of tallow or lard. Which I love, but just trying to understand how I get to trace so fast.

I have used the Room Temp Method, and it is so simple, I keep waiting for something to happen. I just learned about this method recently, after a couple of years of HP, and CP, this is a breeze.
Has anyone had a problem in the long run with this method?
Great site

I find my soaps tend to go to heavy trace. What recipe(s) do you use? Or do you just make sure to stop blending at the lighter trace?

I've used it with 3 different recipes - 12 loaves - regular, coconut milk, salt. Regular recipe is from Smart Soapmaking, with a couple of variations; coconut milk is from online; salt is from Brambleberry.

I check, as I go, for just the beginning of trace.

I looooove room temp soaping. Its so simple. You just gotta watch out for false trace but other than that I looove it.

Latest posts

Back