What gloves work for you?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToniD

Reaction score
I was wondering what gloves people have found that work for them. The ones I get at the grocery store have been getting all saggy after a several uses and are hard to work in.

I use to be a medic so I have a few boxes of gloves. I use the thick blue ones. Don't rememebr the name though. They don't stretch over your head very well for silly drinking pics. But that didn't stop my brothers from trying...mental.

I don't wear gloves. Eye protection - absolutely, but gloves I pass on.

I use the blue ones from the grocery store too. I don't remember the name of them but they are thicker and more durable than the yellow ones.

I tend to be alot more clumsy with gloves on. I work in the kitchen with a sink and if I get something on my hand...I can rinse off quickly.

I always wear goggles.

I use the yellow ones for dishwashing but I find them awkward to work in.

Stacey - Do you mean the nitrile gloves? I never thought about using those type of gloves. What a good idea!

I wear non-powdered vinyl gloves, I'm too klutzy with the heavy dishwashing gloves on.

agriffin said:
I tend to be alot more clumsy with gloves on. I work in the kitchen with a sink and if I get something on my hand...I can rinse off quickly.

I always wear goggles.

Me too; already very clumsy without them :p I just rinse small spills with water and larger ones with vinegar and water afterwards.

And latex makes me itchy

When working with lye directly and washin - the yellow dishwashing gloves (yes they are saggy)

When doing my oils and soaping - Vinyl

Once I was doing my lye with the thin vinyl and got a bead or two from the lip of the cointainer on the glove and a drop of water HOLY COW was it hot! So be careful even with gloves.

I use the yellow playtex gloves (or whatever brand is on sale) but only for the lye part & for clean up. When I'm mixing oils, stick blending and pouring into the molds I take the gloves off.

I wear glasses so that's my eye protection for the most part, but I know it's not the best as stuff can splatter under/over/on the side of the rims. My husband has some safety glasses that I sometimes steal when I have my contacts in.

Latest posts

Back