A "different" question about lye

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious why you were watching that? *backs away slowly*....

Wonder if they add more lye as the process goes along or dump the whole amount on at once......Seems to me you be best to add it in increments?

Kind of off topic, but I have to say that this thread is one of the reasons why I love this forum! You know you're truly among friends when you can talk about body disposal methods! Lol

This is a weird thread but I thought I'd comment... Lol.

No hydroflouricacid! It would kill you while you were dumping/dousing the body and does not effectively break down tissue (there's a video on YT comparing it eating away at raw chicken to sulfuric and hydrochloric [for science!!]). HF can kill you if a dime sized amount falls on you. It will react with all of the calcium in your body and kill you from the inside out. It will also react with any glass and make it disolve so bye bye bath tub!

I was told that lovely information about HF when I was about to start working with it. Scarrry stuff.

I'm not sure how well lye would work. Either way, all of these would take a pretty long time. Gators are probably the best choice.

I got a little lye bead on my skin while making soap a few weeks back.... had a nice perfect little hole in my skin... and FK did it burn.... Oh it burned and hurt soooo bad... but I was at an imperative moment in soaping and stopping - would have resulted in a seizing, so... I kept going...I'm hardcore like that. (Taking one for the team and all that).

All the while I thought...

"WOW that's a good way to torture a person... I wouldn't even kill them first... I'd just pour some water on them - then drop some lye beads on them..."

However.

I'm a mom. And I mean.... I live in Suburbia... I don't have a place to exact such torturous endeavors as I also have terror thoughts of the Breaking Bad Bathtub ShinDig. Nor do I have any enemies (currently) that warrant such thoughts lol

There is an old saying in Louisiana, "Be nice to your neighbors, they have gators and alibis."

I was about to ask"wouldn't pigs be more efficient but...

Haha, I'm glad this was taken in the spirit I'd hoped...I'd had visions of someone tipping off Homeland Security or something lol.

Yes, I'd advised her that hydroflouric acid would definitely work, but she was hell-bent on using lye for some reason...possibly because using acid is what everyone else uses :)

Oh and, I prefer pigs for my body recycling needs :twisted:

I found my answer here.

I got a little lye bead on my skin while making soap a few weeks back.... had a nice perfect little hole in my skin... and FK did it burn.... Oh it burned and hurt soooo bad... but I was at an imperative moment in soaping and stopping - would have resulted in a seizing, so... I kept going...I'm hardcore like that. (Taking one for the team and all that).

All the while I thought...

"WOW that's a good way to torture a person... I wouldn't even kill them first... I'd just pour some water on them - then drop some lye beads on them..."

However.

I'm a mom. And I mean.... I live in Suburbia... I don't have a place to exact such torturous endeavors as I also have terror thoughts of the Breaking Bad Bathtub ShinDig. Nor do I have any enemies (currently) that warrant such thoughts lol

I don't watch TV much but I do remember a certain scene from Silence of the Lambs towards the end of the movie. I personally don't harbor that much hate for anyone to want that kind of torture to them as of yet.

I recall reading about pig farmers being consumed when they had the misfortune to die in the pen. It really gives Charlotte's writing a new, dark twist...

that's some pig (and will eat your face off)

Of course, I'm pretty sure my sweet, adorable cat would also eat me if he suddenly grew to tiger size. He gives me *that* look whenever he's finally caught a moth.

One of my professors told me that they often get older people who died in their homes and haven't been found in a while. Many of them are missing noses or other pieces of flesh and you can clearly see the bite marks from their pets. Kitty or Fido may be loyal and mourn you for a while, but at some point they have to eat something to survive...

Laundry detergent seems to work quite well:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1APXeJ7pM[/ame]

It has enzymes that can break down carbohydrates, fat and protein. In the end, there's only bones left. I would try to dissolve them with acid.

There seems to be a few in history, this one came from Wikipedia:

Leonarda Cianciulli (April 14, 1894 – October 15, 1970) was an Italian serial killer. Better known as the "Soap-Maker of Correggio" (Italian: la Saponificatrice di Correggio),[1] she murdered three women in Correggio between 1939 and 1940, and turned their bodies into soap and teacakes.

There seems to be a few in history, this one came from Wikipedia:

Leonarda Cianciulli (April 14, 1894 – October 15, 1970) was an Italian serial killer. Better known as the "Soap-Maker of Correggio" (Italian: la Saponificatrice di Correggio),[1] she murdered three women in Correggio between 1939 and 1940, and turned their bodies into soap and teacakes.

I have always heard that people make the best soap. I guess this is where it came from.

In relation to this thread, the husband came home last night and somehow I brought up the fact that the soap making forum that I was on had a thread about lye and using it to dispose of bodies (he looked a little perplexed, haha).

Afterwards, he told me that he was listening to an audio book on the way home where a part of it discussed how in certain areas, buried bodies will actually turn into a soapy substance! Conditions have to be perfect though and I guess it's called "gave wax".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocere

The more you know, haha.

Latest posts

Back