Tattoos

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellyfish

Reaction score
Who has them? What do you have and where? What made you decide to get that particular tattoo? Are you glad you got it? Or do you regret it?

I ask because I'm getting ready to get my first tattoo and just want to make sure I'm doing something I won't regret in a couple of years. I've thought about the design for a couple of years now, so I'm pretty sure it's what I want to do, but there is still that tiny bit of doubt in the back of my mind.

What am I getting? A panda bear on my right shoulder blade area. My friend (an amazing artist) helped me with the design.

Me me me!

1. 1998 - Horse head on my right bicep. It's greyscale with a blue eye. I have loved horses my whole life, had just turned 18, and was on my way to college to study Equine Studies. The ONLY time I wished I didn't have it was when I got married since that side faced the crowd. It was covered by my makeup artist, but looks like a bruise in non-touched up photos!

2. 1999 - Horseshoe with a rose winding around it on my left shoulder blade. I had seen it online, fit with the horse theme. Only regret is that I can't see it unless I look in a mirror. That drives me nuts.

3. 2000 - Vine with a heart on my left hip. Blah. I went with a friend in college to get hers. We didn't choose wisely and the guy "tore me up" according to my cousin who now does tattoos, but lives across the country. It's the only one that bled a lot, and it's so deep that you can feel the lines if you run your finger over it. At least it's in a spot where no one but my husband and the doctor see it, so it's ok.

4. 2001 - Piercing - navel. Did it because everyone else was. I never ever show my stomach, so don't really know why I did it. I took it out last April and haven't regretted it.

I want to get cherry blossoms with my husband's name on my left bicep. However, I want someone really good to do it. My cousin in AZ is an amazing artist, just getting started, but if she sticks with it, she's going to the top for sure. If I ever make it out there, or she gets back here, I'll have her do it.

My advise- Don't get something you won't want when you're 80! Horses have been a part of me for practically my whole life, that will never change.

Oh, and don't forget to breathe. Husband got his first (and only so far) in 2005 (Corvette flags), and he almost passed out from not breathing ;)

I don't have any tattoos- there just isn't anything I have strong enough convictions for that I'd want it permanently on me. But I do like tattoos. I bought my husband two nautical stars for the back of his arms, just above the elbows, for our first anniversary in June. He is building a website for the local tattoo shop and they are paying him with ink. Big trouble- he's getting a pirate ship on his side, down his ribs.

I got a ring of flowers & a peace symbol around my belly button when I was 18, an ankh (is the Egyptian sign of life) on the back of my wrist when I was 19 & a ring around my finger when I was 22.

I would love for them all to go away. I like tatoos, but every few years they come out with better ink, better methods, etc. It seems no matter how new your tats are, they are already outdated.

Mine are very faded & you can't really tell what any of them are now.

I am 39 for a point of ref. That makes the tats about 20 years old.

I have a characture of my bro in-law who passed away, got that about 4 years ago

and I have a dragonfly on my left shoulder, got that about 3 years ago.

I WANT MORE!!!

I am looking for a very realistic great white shark for my side :)

I have 2 -

A blue rose & ribbon on my right shoulderblade. It was my 'tester' to see if I could handle the pain & needles.

A dragon with wings stretched out guarding his gems on my left upper thigh.

I love both of mine, and am just waiting for the right design to find me for my next one. I have thought about getting a filigree design across my lower back, but they have all of a sudden gotten really popular, so I am uninclined to get something so 'faddish'. My other thought was a tiger and the gemini symbol somehow combined - tiger on top of / next to / something like that. I was born a gemini in the year of the tiger, and like the idea of it, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Some fabulous advice I was given when I got my first tattoo was:
1. Don't get a guys name tattoo'd on you - guys are not always there forever. Kids on the other hand are yours for life, go for it.
2. Don't get something that will have the potential for embarressment, now or in the future. (Bart Simpson mooning, using your bellybutton for a 'moon' for example)
3. 'Cute' will quite often fit into the above category after a few years. Think about being 80, with a tattoo of Micky Mouse or Bart Simpson....

I found this to be really good advice, especially seeing as I was getting my first tattoo with my fiance, and had planned to have his name on the ribbon with my rose. Boy, am I glad I didn't - I caught him cheating not too long after. :evil:

Becky said:
Some fabulous advice I was given when I got my first tattoo was:
1. Don't get a guys name tattoo'd on you - guys are not always there forever. Kids on the other hand are yours for life, go for it.

That's the #1 thing advised against, but I feel it depends on the person/situation. My DH and I dated in high school for a year, broke up thanks to our parents meddling, got back together in 2004, married in 2005 and here we are now. I trust him 100%, and if anything happens, I'll kill him ;) j/k, but seriously, I have no doubts about getting his name tattooed on me.

Now he does not talk to his parents at all. They're both out of the picture for various reasons. So if either of them had tattoos of his name, which they don't to our knowledge, that probably wouldn't be good memories for them.

There is a guy walking around to this day w/ my name tatooed on his head & it ISN'T my husband-LOL!

OMG Tab you are a freakin riot!!

I have two A purple rose on my right arm and an astrological symbol on my left arm. I loved astrology so much I got into writing horoscopes once a month. They are quite popular I hear LOL

I got my first one this past February. It's a heart with dice inside it on the inside of my ankle. I got it for my daddy. :) I really want a few more. I'd like to get one for my mom (a little tiny ladybug) one for my hubby (an infinity symbol with a 'd' on each side) and one with my SIL and my husband's cousin. We like 3 fab-o Muskettes (or something cool like that lol) We'd like to get matching ones, but so far the 3 of us can't fully agree on anything.

I have a trible eagle on my lower back. I drew it from a dream I had when I was 16 and got it done when I was 18. A lot fo people think it looks like a turkey. :oops:

DSC00388.jpg

I want to get a tattoo, but I just don't know when. . . I want this on the nape of my neck, or maybe a little lower. I combine two of my favorite images. . and I might get some color added to it.

tattoo7.jpg

I have tattoos on the insides of both of my wrists.

On the right i have "infinite happiness" and on the left I have "freedom."

I have 3 this one is on the upper center of my back
Tattoo.jpg

I have another on my lower center back and a celtic heart

Latest posts

Back