Recommendations for non-bleeding hot pink?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblaney

Reaction score
I've looked far and wide and they all either bleed or fade. I have some nice micas, but they are not hot pink. I did like a neon powder from WSP, but they have discontinued it and my tests with the new pinks are not satisfactory. I'm using these in CP soap.
Thanks!

The neons at tkb are great! I thought they would bleed but they haven't yet. This was a done with squeeze bottles so some spots look kinda like bleeding vut it is not. This soap is going on 5 months old. I have used both the powder varieties and premixed. This was premixed.

1416701553906.jpg

Thanks Marisajensen! I actually have this one and tested it a long time ago. I can't remember why I did not like it, but I will test it again. I have had bleeding with many of the neons from TKB, like their neon green and yellow. Maybe I have an older batch and they have changed? I will give it a go again.

Thanks Marisajensen! I actually have this one and tested it a long time ago. I can't remember why I did not like it, but I will test it again. I have had bleeding with many of the neons from TKB, like their neon green and yellow. Maybe I have an older batch and they have changed? I will give it a go again.

I think they reformulated the neons.

They did reformulate the Neons. I have all the neons and have no problem with them. I also like the pink from Nurture Soap Supplies (vibrance pink)

I haven't tried the pink, but a neon orange I have is beautiful in soap, but sitting on the side of the tub it has faded to almost nothing just from the light coming in the window. It isn't in direct sunlight at all.

Unfortunately it was a sample and I don't remember where I got it.

Any idea how well the newer neons hold up to light?

I've had some neons fade. The non-cosmetic ones I got from TKB bleed a lot. The cosmetic ones may not. Conservatorie's Hot Pink is pretty good but probably doesn't have the glow the fluorescents do.

TKB's non-cosmetic red neon bleeds in CP in my experience.
I agree, Conservatorie's Hot Pink is very good and it doesn't bleed.

The pink in this soap is Raspberry red mica from Nurture Soap Supplies:

Bossa Nova 1.jpg

Shunt2011 - Beautiful soap! I have the vibrance pink, but even at 2 tsp PPO my color is not that strong. How much did you use to get that lovely color? I'm afraid of using too much for fear of colored bubbles.

Fata Morgana - I did not know Nurture Soap had new micas. The raspberry red is really pretty in your soap, love it. Your swirls are lovely BTW. How much did you use to get that pretty color?

Back