~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Recipe & Tutorials Forum > Soap Making Recipes & Tutorials > Natural Laundry Soap (no shredding)

Old 07-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #141
gloopygloop

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by biarine View Post
I know this is an old post but it's interesting I wanted to watch the video posted but it unfortunately we can't view it here in uk. I read from the beginning until the end.
I am in the UK and am not having trouble viewing the video? there is an option to view directly or view from U Tube, both work for me.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #142
DeeAnna
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11252 Times on 5092 Posts
Likes Given: 5025

The direct link to the video on YouTube is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7K9m...ature=youtu.be

I sometimes have trouble watching videos embedded on a webpage (like the one in Post 70), but if I go to the video directly on YouTube, it plays fine for me.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #143
gloopygloop

Yes its funny I sometimes have that problem too and it works in U Tube? but this does work both ways for me and I am also in the UK wonder if its a PC / firewall thing? mmmmm.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #144
biarine

Liked 422 Times on 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloopygloop View Post
Yes its funny I sometimes have that problem too and it works in U Tube? but this does work both ways for me and I am also in the UK wonder if its a PC / firewall thing? mmmmm.

Yes in you tube, won't work because it contain of something that can't be view here in uk.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #145
The Efficacious Gentleman
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8296 Times on 3969 Posts
Likes Given: 3822

Then you'll need to mask your location. Setting a server in another country as the proxy for your browser is one way

Old 07-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #146
gloopygloop

Quote:
Yes in you tube, won't work because it contain of something that can't be view here in uk.
I don't understand why I am able to view the video here in the UK both on this forum and in U Tube? so it can't be being blocked for any reason or any content.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #147
IrishLass
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 7080 Times on 3553 Posts
Likes Given: 4610

For what it's worth, I live in the US and for whatever reason have lost the ability to view embedded videos here on the forum. Up until a few months ago I was able to view them perfectly fine, but after downloading the latest MS updates at the time, I was no longer able to click on or see any of the embedded videos. They appear as just a big, blank, black box on my screen with nothing in it to click on, but if I right click on the box and then click on 'view properties', it gives me the url to the video and I am able to get there from here.

IrishLass

Old 07-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #148
gloopygloop

How very weird, we need a techno nerd, its beyond soap making.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:34 PM   #149
biarine

Liked 422 Times on 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloopygloop View Post
I don't understand why I am able to view the video here in the UK both on this forum and in U Tube? so it can't be being blocked for any reason or any content.

I am not sure might be because of apple updates, I am using iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLass View Post
For what it's worth, I live in the US and for whatever reason have lost the ability to view embedded videos here on the forum. Up until a few months ago I was able to view them perfectly fine, but after downloading the latest MS updates at the time, I was no longer able to click on or see any of the embedded videos. They appear as just a big, blank, black box on my screen with nothing in it to click on, but if I right click on the box and then click on 'view properties', it gives me the url to the video and I am able to get there from here.

IrishLass

Some video it's really fine IrishLass but some just a warning. Might be because of security updates, I am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Efficacious Gentleman View Post
Then you'll need to mask your location. Setting a server in another country as the proxy for your browser is one way

I will try efficacious Gentleman, thanks.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:09 PM   #150
jewels621
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 552 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 577

Quote:
I know this is an old post but it's interesting I wanted to watch the video posted but it unfortunately we can't view it here in uk. I read from the beginning until the end.

biarine, thank you for reviving this post! I had never seen it, but I now have laundry soap brewing away!