Need recipe help, weight or fluid?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piedmont

Reaction score
OK, I found this recipe but I need to be sure it is all weight, not fluid. Can someone look it over and help me make sure it is by weight and not fluid?
Lard: 35oz., Lye: 4.7 oz., Water: 9-13 oz.

regards,
michael

35 oz of Oil is a tad bit over 2 lbs. So I would make it easy and say 32 oz Lard and you would need 10.5 oz water and 4.292 oz of lye and That's using a 33%water discount.

This help?

Dixie said:
35 oz of Oil is a tad bit over 2 lbs. So I would make it easy and say 32 oz Lard and you would need 10.5 oz water and 4.292 oz of lye and That's using a 33%water discount.

This help?

Yes indeed it helps and along with the other good replies about all in weights makes me sure that 1. I won't blow myself up, lol and 2. that i can now trust the recipe, thank you so much for everyone assistance!!!
michael

note: i came up with a plan for a reusable mold, i bought a large tube mailer from the post office, i will roll up freezer paper to line the tube and pour the soap into it, then when ready, slide out the paper/soap, i'll have hockey pucks for soap shape but i don't mind!

Back