Hello to all!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thynk

Reaction score
Hey, everyone!

My name is Vincent and I am new to the soap/bath product world! However, over the last three or so years I have spent countless hours researching and diving into the world of bath and beauty product making. While I still haven't made one single product as of yet. Myself and a few other people have come together and have developed a brand with a wide range of products that not only pamper the body but to also indulge the mind. We have just now begun to order all materials necessary to bring to fruition our collective minds.

During this process, I hope we can develop a lasting creative relationship.

We have placed orders with www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com for most of the supplies and will be placing an order with www.camdengrey.com very shortly for our essential oils.

Welcome, Vincent! :wave:

Just remember to be good to yourselves by giving the products you will soon be making the proper R&D, testing, and observation time that they require before putting them out on the market.

For lye-based soap, the consensus among us soap-makers is to plan on spending a minimum of 1 year of R&D, testing, and observation time before selling. It takes about that long not only for curing purposes, but most especially to make sure your soap formula(s) and the ingredients therein will stand the test of time and won't morph or go south on you over the months after cure (which is not unusual with lye-based soap). You can get things off to a good start by taking a moment to read the following 2 posts here before jumping in gung ho:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=33144

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=16002

IrishLass :)

I agree with IL, lots of testing with different recipes for soap and quality control testing (bacteria and mold) for products containing water.

We understand the importance of product testing. We have opened up to friends and family about product testing for us and as soon as a few more details get tied up to secure namesake. We will open up product testing to the public. While we already own the .com and social media tags we still need to be careful of replication. Soap is last on our list of products to launch. We have an expected launch date with soaps sometime next year and is not our top priority of products right now.

...a brand with a wide range of products that not only pamper the body but to also indulge the mind.
Oh, you piqued my interest with that description! I wish you all the best on your journey. I'm excited for you and look forward to watching you grow!

Back