Layered Soap with annatto for yellow

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I *think* some hardware stores will go ahead and cut the wood for you as long as you had the measurements ready to go. We recently had big sheets of plywood cut down to size at Home Depot, and I'm fairly certain our local True Value would also make simple cuts. The thing is that some places use a saw with thick blades, so when they are cutting you don't want them to cut ON the line, they should be just next to it to get even cuts true to what length you wanted. It's not like cutting a fine line with a pair of scissors, it's more like gouging out a wide cut through wood. I hope that makes sense - I am an amateur woodworker in the most amateur-y amateurish way there can be!

I know home depot will, but they use this huge saw that really does not handle smaller pieces of wood. and they will not guarantee the boards will be the length you want.

So I will probably get like a Rockwell portable BladeRunner saw or a Dremel Motosaw so I can do them myself and maybe pick up a new hobby as well

Back