New member! What makes you seek a new recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I discovered the joys of a palm/shea soap with avocado pulp instead of water

How does the avocado pulp replace water? Do you have to dilute it with anything? This has really piqued my interest.

How does the avocado pulp replace water? Do you have to dilute it with anything? This has really piqued my interest.

It depends on how liquid your avocado puree is and how you make it. Very ripe avocados are much more moist and require less liquid to turn them into a puree. Some add lemon juice to avocado to help keep the color (when made for avocado dip, for example), and that would have to be taken into account as water replacement as well.

Here's an article that might help clarify a bit, or maybe pique your interest more. :)

Here's an article that might help clarify a bit, or maybe pique your interest more. :)

That article was very helpful! Thanks.

After reading it I realized that I am still enough of a newbie to maybe go slow on the food additives for a while. Just trying to figure out how to make sodium acetate with extra lye and maybe sodium citrate too will be project enough for me.

They were quite soft, I puréed the flesh though a sieve and froze it to slushy consistency before adding the lye. If the purée seems dry you cal always add water or ice.

Back