My dad ate my soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your whole story about your dad is so familiar to me. My dad had Alzheimer's, I took care of him for three years before he became ill and went into a nursing home. Within a month he had died from stomach cancer, which we did not even know he had until 4 days before his death. He too went through some 'torture' those last few days at the hospital before we knew what was wrong, and when he was made comfortable with hospice my brother and I had the privilege of seeing him die a peaceful death. He was 74.

My heart goes out to you in this time of grief but I am glad your father's suffering and yours (and your family's) is over. Hospice is a wonderful thing.

Dana, I am so sorry for your loss. You received an incredible gift with the lucid conversation he had with you, and you absolutely knew he was ready and at peace. Hospice care is remarkable, not only for the patient, but also for the family. It seems like you are now in a place where you can find some peace to help ease the grief. This isn't an easy process, remember to take care of yourself.

Also, it will be nice to have you back among us.

Dana, I'm so sorry for your loss and yet thankful you were able to share that moment of your dad being lucid and ready at the end to give you peace. What an incredible, incredibly reassuring moment to share with your father before he passed.

I am so sorry for your loss, and your father's ordeal. Hospice is wonderful, so caring. He felt safe finally so he could let go. 73 is too young, but the torment he dealt with.....a friend of mine has a father in hospice now with louis body dementia, he is a youngish man also. It's a tough disease for all.....{{{hugs}}}

I can't say much else that already hasn't been said by some lovely people on here- they are all my sentiments exactly. Just wanted you to know that your story touched my heart and that I'm praying for strength and peace for you.

Hugs my dear. So sorry to hear about your dad. I have relatives with the same problem and it is so hard to see them like that. Take gentle care.

Latest posts

Back