Oil Values - in spreadsheet form

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Reinbeau's point is that PDF is not a file format that one can use directly in other applications such as a spreadsheet.

You can copy content in these PDF's and paste the info into a spreadsheet, but all of the data appears in one column -- not very helpful. You could split the data into multiple columns to be more useful, but that's an advanced skill that not everyone will know.

The way to provide the info in a spreadsheet format is by sending the file directly to a person's email address or by uploading it to Google Drive, Dropbox, or a public website and sharing the URL.

I am also getting the 404 file not found on all the lings:(

Oops found the second link and it worked from there. Thank you Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
My technology must be old or something I cant seem to view any of the files you posted. Is there something im doing wrong when opening them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I went through soapcalc.net and copied all the values from the oils they have listed (yeah it took some time...)

So, here is the output for all the values. It makes it really easy if you want to compare some oils and pick ones that will work well for you. You can sort the files by column so if you want to list them in order of conditioning or whatever, that is easily done.

If anyone has any oils they have values for that are not listed, I'd appreciate you posting them or PM'ing me and I'll add them to the list for everyone to use.

Oil Values in PDF

Oil Values in Old Excel format

Oil Values in New Excel Format

Oil Values in Open Document Format

I'll try to get an HTML version or something that I can post on the thread, I'm just not sure what format to use for that.

"I just realized that there is a spreadsheet on that site, but not as detailed as mine. "
:shh:

This should work (jpeg format)

Oil_Values.png

For those having File Not Found Errors, you need to move past the posts from 2014 on page 1 to Steve's postings on page 2. See this post for the 4 PDF files he linked. The links do work.

The OP is no longer here and it appears her files are not in the same location anymore. But Steve has posted files that are obtainable as PDF for download. Also see his post here if you actually want a spreadsheet you can alter yourself.

For those having File Not Found Errors, you need to move past the posts from 2014 on page 1 to Steve's postings on page 2. See this post for the 4 PDF files he linked. The links do work.

The OP is no longer here and it appears her files are not in the same location anymore. But Steve has posted files that are obtainable as PDF for download. Also see his post here if you actually want a spreadsheet you can alter yourself.

Perhaps a new thread should be started to avoid the confusion....

This is great!

GOT IT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't open any of the posted links/documents. 404 Not Found....

However I was able to open the pdf's from Steve85569.

Last edited:
I went through soapcalc.net and copied all the values from the oils they have listed (yeah it took some time...)

So, here is the output for all the values. It makes it really easy if you want to compare some oils and pick ones that will work well for you. You can sort the files by column so if you want to list them in order of conditioning or whatever, that is easily done.

If anyone has any oils they have values for that are not listed, I'd appreciate you posting them or PM'ing me and I'll add them to the list for everyone to use.

Oil Values in PDF

Oil Values in Old Excel format

Oil Values in New Excel Format

Oil Values in Open Document Format

I'll try to get an HTML version or something that I can post on the thread, I'm just not sure what format to use for that.

"I just realized that there is a spreadsheet on that site, but not as detailed as mine. "
:shh:

This should work (jpeg format)

Oil_Values.png
I can’t get any of these files to work!

Latest posts

Back