• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gauging Interest: Brambleberry FOs Co-op

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Rowan

Reaction score
Brambleberry FOs

Currently listed are 31 Fragrances that Brambleberry now only sells in the 10 lb. size, and 1 offered only in the 5 lb. size. There are also 40 on offer with a significant price break at the 5 lb. size (though you can still buy in lower quantities) and 1 with a price break at the 10 lb. size (though you can still buy in lower quantities).

We wouldn't have to worry about freight on these, only WA state sales tax of 8.7%, which I'm figuring into the price per oz. Also, since it's a bit of a trip for me (about 2 hours' drive), I'll be adding in .05/oz. for fuel, which is negligible and will fully cover it as long as we can get at least 5 10 lb. FOs together on the order. If we get more than that together, I can lower the amount added to each oz.

I would like to keep individual quantities above 8 oz., if we can, just to minimize the amount of FO lost in re-pouring into individual bottles. That being said, I'm willing to do the 4 oz. if there's enough interest.

I think it would be safer and more economical to ship to everyone in natural hdpe bottles, but can go with amber glass if the majority want it. If we go with the hdpe, I can probably do this:

Small Flat Rate Box - 3 16 oz. Bottles
Medium Flat Rate Box - 10 16 oz. Bottles
Large Flat Rate Box -14 16 oz. Bottles

Hostess fee would be 3.00.

Only offered in 5 lb. size:

Stargazer Lily - 2.06/oz.

Only offered in 10 lb. size:

• Banana - 1.95/oz. [/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Basil Lime - 1.55/oz. (Currently at 1.5- 2 lbs.)[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Be Delicious Type - 1.75/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Candy Forest - 1.20/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Clean Cotton - 1.40/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Egyptian Musk - 1.58/oz. (Currently at .5- 1 lb.)[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Escada Lily Chic Type - 1.59/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Escada Ibiza Hippie Type - 1.59/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Escada Island Kiss Type - 1.79/oz. (Currently at .5 lb.)[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Escada Rockin Rio Type - 1.91/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Escada Tropical Punch Type - 1.60/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Euphoria Calvin Klein Type - 1.89/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Fantasy Type by Brittney Spears - 1.69/lb.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Fresh Bergamot Citrus - 1.37/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Ginger Souffle - 2.04/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Guava and Cucumber - 1.57/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Hawaiian White Ginger - 1.70/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Mango Lassi - 1.71/oz. (Currently at 1.5 - 2.5 lbs.)[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Mulberry - 1.10/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Mulled Cider - 1.53/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Nature's Blush - 1.56/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Nutmeg & Amber - 1.89/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Oakmoss - 1.50/oz. (Currently at 1 - 1.5 lbs.)[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Orchid - 1.79/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Osmanthus - 1.66/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Pearly Pear - 1.63/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Persimmon Pudding - 1.42/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Aquolina Pink Sugar Type - 1.68/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Plum Spice - 1.56/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Salty Caramel Ice Cream - 1.89/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]
  • Wood Violets & Sugared Maple - 1.89/oz.[/*:m:2yvgs8bv]

If interested, please reply to this post (or PM me) with the FOs you're interested in, and how much of each you're thinking about getting. Will update with running totals as people express interest.

Also, if anyone is interested in the ones you can still get in lower quantities, but have price breaks for the 5 lb. & 10 lb. size, I can break those down for you too :)

I'm definitely interested in the Mango Lassi. I'd probably want at least 1lb, maybe as much as 2lbs.

Hdpe bottles are fine with me too. It's just easier all around with less risk of anything breaking.

I'm not sure there would be much savings in buying 5lbs of the Oatmeal Milk and Honey, but I'd be interested in that as well if there's enough interest and it seems there'd be any savings. I'd think I'd be interested in either 8oz or 1lb.

I think I will pass on the FO's. I just don't make enough to buy that much since I haven't tried any of those fragrances. I hope you get some positive responses. :)

Hi Midnight Rowan, I just wanted to say that I really appreciate your willingness to do these co-ops. I haven't been participating because I'm only a hobbyist and right now I have a stash of FOs that could last for years. Ditto for basic soaping oils. But I wanted to thank you for your generosity and time.

Thank you for the encouragement judymoody, it did lift my spirits a bit :) Unfortunately though, it seems most people are in your same boat as we haven't gotten much response at all. I'm going to give it another 4 days (til the end of the week), to see if there's sufficient interest, and then explore other options. Here's keeping our fingers crossed! :p

I'd be interested in several but I think my hubby would strangle me if I bought anymore right now lol. If I can twist his arm I couldn't buy before the 1st but I'd be interested in Basil Lime, Egyptian Musk and Oakmoss all in 8oz to 16oz.

Excellent, Laura :p Please let us know when you find out. I'd be interested in at least 8 oz. of the Basil Lime and Oakmoss as well. There are about 15 on this list that I'd be interested in buying at least 8 oz. of, so I'm easy about whatever we can bring together :wink:

I'm interested in basil lime And island kiss both 8 oz please.

Alright, I've gone ahead and edited my original post to show a bit of a running total for each FO (to the side of the FO in red), so we know where we're at, and maybe it will encourage others to chime in on some of these that they like to help us reach our 10 lb. total :wink:

Thank you, kbuska, added your choices to our running total :p

Ok guys, there's just not enough interest here to carry this off after over a week, so I'm gonna close this out. I have, however, opened it up on another forum and am getting better response. I've limited it to 16 oz. size though to keep it simple, since it's looking like 10+ 10lb. bottles over there.

If you'd still like to participate, you're just as welcome as before, so please go ahead and PM me with the choices you definitely want 16 oz. minimum each of, and we can go from there :D

I use sensuous sandalwood and white tea and ginger a good bit and would go for those in 16 oz. I haven't smelled any of the other fragrances. Could we order samples and send them around if your not in a hurry? I would love a sniff of Osmanthus. Last time I shipped US mail the package was delivered in two days. Fairly quick!

Ya'll do see that the last active post in this thread before your 2 posts was back 09-18-2011, way OVER 3 years ago!
After about 3 years and 5 months, Good Luck! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back