Lotion Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdprice313

Reaction score
Hi all i am looking for some info on what people are calling lotion bars, I think they might be milk & honey. I am looking to make a nice face soap.
thanks in advance
Deb

Hi. You might have better luck if you post this in the bath and body section of the forum. I'm no expert, but to answer your question, lotion bars are made from waxes and oils and have no water added so you don't need to add preservatives. Generally the ratio is 1/3 wax, 1/3 butter (cocoa, shea, mango, etc.) and 1/3 liquid oils. You melt the stuff together and pour. If the consistency is too hard or soft, remelt and tweak, until you will get something you like. There are more threads on this topic in the bath and body section, as I mentioned. Good luck to you. I love lotion bars!

Milk + honey is probably the fragrance name, since neither can be put into a solid lotion bar.

mdprice313 said:
Hi all i am looking for some info on what people are calling lotion bars, I think they might be milk & honey. I am looking to make a nice face soap.
thanks in advance
Deb

are you wanting to make lotion bars (solid lotion) or soap with milk and honey in it?

they are soap that people are calling lotion bars, I have seen them at a couple of fairs, I was talking to one lady about hers and she mentioned that the creaminess came from milk and honey.
thanks again
Deb

i have been here a long time and have never heard of a lotion bar that is soap... (not that they dont exist... i just havent heard of them.)
lotion is a leave on product and soap is a wash off, so i am confused... unless they are adding lotion to the soap along with milk and honey?

mdprice313 said:
they are soap that people are calling lotion bars, I have seen them at a couple of fairs, I was talking to one lady about hers and she mentioned that the creaminess came from milk and honey.
thanks again
Deb

well that's just ridiculous. not to say it's not happening, just that it's ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back