How do you stop the colour from running??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilaid

Reaction score
I've made some little love heart soaps and coloured them with blue cosmetic grade colouring. I've noticed though that the colour runs out the soap and onto the side of the sink. It doeasn't affect the performance of the soap in any way, but it looks really messy. I would like to give these soaps as gifts but I'd like to sort this problem first.
I've used different colours aswell and the same thing happens! Does this happen to anyone else?
How can I fix it?

TIA

emilaid said:
I've made some little love heart soaps and coloured them with blue cosmetic grade colouring. I've noticed though that the colour runs out the soap and onto the side of the sink. It doeasn't affect the performance of the soap in any way, but it looks really messy. I would like to give these soaps as gifts but I'd like to sort this problem first.
I've used different colours aswell and the same thing happens! Does this happen to anyone else?
How can I fix it?

TIA

It sounds to me as if you are using too much color. Another way to tell is lather the soap. If the bubbles are not white, then you are using too much colorant. Hope this helps!

It does sound like too much color.
If it something that does bug you and if you have the extra money, micas are a wonderful thing to invest in. They are so much fun to play with.

Latest posts

Back