Yuzu/Kumquat Salt Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice looking, congrats!
Never made a salt bar but I am itching to try it...
How and when do you use the salt?
Is it 50% of the total oil weight?

Looks great. Congratulations!

Did the FO stick? How much did you use ppo?
I find Yuzu needs to be used with a heavy hand in CP soap but it could be my supplier..

BB Kumquat is lovely and sticks really well, one of my favourite FOs. Yuzu doesn't stick, at least that's my experience. Mine was purchased from Aussie soap supplies.

OP, they are lovely looking soaps!
I've been trying out brine soaps in the past year and I have to say I'm in love. Not so much with true salt bars because of high CO% but with brine soaps, I'm able to use my regular recipe.

Very nice looking, congrats!
Never made a salt bar but I am itching to try it...
How and when do you use the salt?
Is it 50% of the total oil weight?

I added the salt at light trace, then poured at medium/heavy trace to make sure the salt would stay suspended throughout the bars. And 50% of oil weight. :) You can go all the way up to 100% if you like!

Just wanted to share that I tried out this soap tonight and holy cow, I'm in love! As soon as it touched water it erupted into big bubbles and thick lather. My hands feel clean but not too dry. And the smell is still beautiful. I think I might make another batch this weekend!

Back