Ugliest Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aihrat

Gently gently
Reaction score
What's the ugliest (otherwise successful and usable) soap you've made? I can't get over how ugly my lavender EO castile soap turned out :neutral: I used a pomace olive oil that accelerated horribly when the EO was added and the lavender content caused the worst case of soda ash I've ever seen! I tried sprucing one up by bevelling it with a vegetable peeler but it was like trying to spruce up a turd D:

IMG_0254.jpg

Good for a laugh and perfectly fine to use, but definitely fuggles. :p

I like them, they look kind of rustic! I made corned beef looking salt bars once, complete with yellow fragrance oil discolouration that looked like the fat on the outside! Yours are much nicer than that lol

Oh my gosh, was it intentional? That sounds kind of amazing actually, I would love to pretend to wash with corned beef :D

I also have a couple of bars of "Framboise Lambic Goat's Milk Soaps" that turned out the exact colour, texture, and smell of pale human skin. DDD: My partner won't let me throw them away because he wants to see what it's like to wash with "skin-on-skin". It's so grosss urrrghgh

Definitely not intentional LOL. I had visions of these lovely purple sugar plum fairy scented salt bars but the yellow fragrance made them corned beef pink. I was so disappointed, but they smelled nice!

I like them, they look kind of rustic! I made corned beef looking salt bars once, complete with yellow fragrance oil discolouration that looked like the fat on the outside! Yours are much nicer than that lol

Here is my 'corned beef hash' looking soap. It was not intentional and as you can see, I labeled it ugly when it first was made. After the pictures, I cut the bottom off and rebatched it because I hated the look of the bottom half of the soap. I used to love corned beef and in fact, corned beef and cabbage was the first meal my mom taught me to cook. And corned beef hash was a favorite of mine when I still ate meat, but I haven't had any in over 18 years, so seeing it in soap is just not a welcome sight for me. Even when I still ate meat, I don't think I would have liked soap that looked like corned beef hash anyway.

Alaska%20Glacier%20atop%20Corned-Beef%20Hash%202016Sept10.jpg

Here is my 'corned beef hash' looking soap. It was not intentional and as you can see, I labeled it ugly when it first was made. After the pictures, I cut the bottom off and rebatched it because I hated the look of the bottom half of the soap. I used to love corned beef and in fact, corned beef and cabbage was the first meal my mom taught me to cook. And corned beef hash was a favorite of mine when I still ate meat, but I haven't had any in over 18 years, so seeing it in soap is just not a welcome sight for me. Even when I still ate meat, I don't think I would have liked soap that looked like corned beef hash anyway.

Alaska%20Glacier%20atop%20Corned-Beef%20Hash%202016Sept10.jpg

Mmm... Corned beef hash with blue cheese on top! :p I kid, of course, neither of these soaps are what I expected to see here actually. aihrat's reminds me of a lot of the rock faces I was used to seeing as a kid (light colored stone with some amount of iron content which gave this same look), and earlene's really isn't far off from many of the soaps I've seen in retail shops - although I suppose we are looking at it after your fix from the original. :mrgreen:

I don't have pictures but the worse I had was a batch that resembled spam that had started to mold. A gross brownish grey with pink undertones. I ended up throwing it away it was so icky looking.

Back