What's in my Soapdishes today

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure I am not unusual in having so many different soaps in my soap dishes. These are only 3 soap dishes in my house. There are more, but I only photographed the 3.

Soapdish%20Collage%202017April04.jpg

While at Spring Training, my brother told me he was currently using 'Dad's Flagstone Patio Soap' (at home) from the SMF Mosaic Soap Challenge from last June. So I added a bar to my soapdish when I came home. I am loving it even more now that it is almost a year old. The Jasmine soap is 18 months old and the fragrance is gone, but soap itself is lovely. I wish I could remember what I used for colorant, but I apparently left that out of my notes.

I'm so jealous! DH won't let me have more than 2 at a time. I bring them up from the basement and he makes them disappear. My soap dishes only have 2 soaps each.

Oh my god, I thought I was the only one with a wild assortment of soap odds and ends amassed around every sink around the apartment. I'm glad you shared these!

My body wash and shampoo collection in the shower used to look like that... Until I started to get ruthless about not buying any more, until I used up what I have.

And then I discovered making soap... Now I want to use my shower caddy as a soap dish.

It's a disease... Luckily I still have curing time before any of it is going to be "really good"

I think I'm weird for a soaper, because I can't stand all the little bits and bobs and would never reach for them, so out they go! Plus, only one bar at a time in my soap dishes, except there ARE three soap dishes in the shower. :)

My body wash and shampoo collection in the shower used to look like that... Until I started to get ruthless about not buying any more, until I used up what I have.

And then I discovered making soap... Now I want to use my shower caddy as a soap dish.

It's a disease... Luckily I still have curing time before any of it is going to be "really good"

My shower is a completely different story. I don't keep my soap in the shower. I have a soap dish outside the shower that I take one bar from as I get into the shower, then put back when I get out. Any soap that sits inside my shower stays wet and gets wet far more often than I alone use it. But that soap dish usually only has 2 or 3 bars so I don't get overwhelmed trying to choose which one to use. My husband does keep his soap in the shower, but that is his choice.

My shower is a completely different story. I don't keep my soap in the shower. I have a soap dish outside the shower that I take one bar from as I get into the shower, then put back when I get out. Any soap that sits inside my shower stays wet and gets wet far more often than I alone use it. But that soap dish usually only has 2 or 3 bars so I don't get overwhelmed trying to choose which one to use. My husband does keep his soap in the shower, but that is his choice.

We have a tiny bathroom barely big enough for the shower, sink and toilet. There isn't much room for anything outside of the shower, so I've been looking for soap dishes that will at least keep the soap from taking a bath.

I think I'm weird for a soaper, because I can't stand all the little bits and bobs and would never reach for them, so out they go! Plus, only one bar at a time in my soap dishes, except there ARE three soap dishes in the shower. :)

Well I'm weird then right with you. I do not keep my soaps on soap dishes around the house, except in the kitchen, I have 1 bar on the sink and even that is difficult for me to leave there at times. That one is usually the one I've made recently that I test during curing.

I only have one bathroom, but I don't like bar soap near the sink because "someone" is a slob and gets water everywhere when they use bar soap at the sink, so I switched to pump hand soap, less mess for me to clean up.

I do have at all times, at least 6, maybe more different bars in the shower on my shower rack LOL.

About a year ago I broke down and bought a shower caddie at Ikea just so I could add MORE soap testers! Now I keep an average of 12 at all times. Some are bath bars, some are face bars, some are shaving soaps, etc. I generally use a couple per shower because I'm forever testing something. Now I have my side of the shower and DH has his side of the shower. It really came in handy when I was testing older soap against soap with EDTA and soap with citric acid. I was able to clearly see what part of the shower was building up more soap scum than others. So my obsession is purely in the name of science and has nothing to do with my soap fetish.....:twisted:

I do not keep my soaps on soap dishes around the house, except in the kitchen, I have 1 bar on the sink and even that is difficult for me to leave there at times. That one is usually the one I've made recently that I test during curing. ... I don't like bar soap near the sink .., so I switched to pump hand soap, less mess for me to clean up.
I'm like Debra. I only have a soap dish at the kitchen sink. But rather than one soap, it has several small soaps, leftovers rolled into balls after scraping out the soap pot. Good for testing how the cure is coming along. When it gets full, I chop them into bits, put them into a Pyrex measuring cup, nuke for 1 minute; let set for 5 minutes; roll into a ball with gloved hands, then press it into a single cavity mold; pop in the freezer for an hour. Unmold and put it back in the soap dish to use up.

All our sinks, including the kitchen sink, have foamers with homemade LS in them. The showers have our favorite LS hair & body shampoo -- and a favorite bar of soap in each.

Continuing my corrections to image links due to Photobucket's changed policy on third party hosing.

I am sure I am not unusual in having so many different soaps in my soap dishes. These are only 3 soap dishes in my house. There are more, but I only photographed the 3.

sw6n62x.jpg

While at Spring Training, my brother told me he was currently using 'Dad's Flagstone Patio Soap' (at home) from the SMF Mosaic Soap Challenge from last June. So I added a bar to my soapdish when I came home. I am loving it even more now that it is almost a year old. The Jasmine soap is 18 months old and the fragrance is gone, but soap itself is lovely. I wish I could remember what I used for colorant, but I apparently left that out of my notes.

Latest posts

Back