SC Fresh Lemon Sugar vs. MO Lemon Unhinged

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makemineirish

Reaction score
I've checked the Soap Scent Review Board and utilized Sitecomber for comparisons and descriptions of these two fragrance oils. I can get smaller sizes of each or commit to one and grab a sample of the other. However, in the unlikely event that any of you have smelled both....
It would really help me to hear a comparison. (Even individual impressions of either would be helpful as neither has much information to be found.)

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

I've sniffed them both and actually used Lemon Unhinged.

Fresh Lemon Sugar smelled more like candy to me or maybe sugary lemonade It's a bit more synthetic smelling oob.

Lemon Unhinged smells like a lemon cookie to me. It's really, really good. I have A LOT of FOs and my teen daughter thinks this is just about the best smelling thing on the planet. She has requested lotion, bath bombs, perfume and room spray to go with her soap. "I want everything to smell like a delicious cookie all the time". She actually took a couple of bars to cure in her room...

One color I used with it had chromium green and that portion of my batter seized. The rest of it had some acceleration. My batch is still curing, but so far it's holding up. I went 1oz ppo with a pretty high water discount. You might want to stick with 30% lye concentration or full water.

I've sniffed them both and actually used Lemon Unhinged.

Fresh Lemon Sugar smelled more like candy to me or maybe sugary lemonade It's a bit more synthetic smelling oob.

Lemon Unhinged smells like a lemon cookie to me. It's really, really good. I have A LOT of FOs and my teen daughter thinks this is just about the best smelling thing on the planet. She has requested lotion, bath bombs, perfume and room spray to go with her soap. "I want everything to smell like a delicious cookie all the time". She actually took a couple of bars to cure in her room...

One color I used with it had chromium green and that portion of my batter seized. The rest of it had some acceleration. My batch is still curing, but so far it's holding up. I went 1oz ppo with a pretty high water discount. You might want to stick with 30% lye concentration or full water.

Thank you so much. I've lost count of the number of times that your posts have been helpful to me, Snappyllama. Should you ever need anything in Austin, just let me know :p.

Back