CPOP Woes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleine Teufel

Reaction score
I made my first batch of CPOP at the boyfriend's house today. I popped it in the oven at 150F, then proceeded about my business. Ran to pick up a pizza (boyfriend was here) and came back and don't you know, that stupid soap overheated. With my oven, I can leave it on at 150F overnight without any issues. Who'da thunk that 150F in one oven was different from 150F in another oven?!
I am 99.99999% positive that my soap is now junk, but I'm hoping beyond hope that somehow it isn't that brown disgusting lye soup on the bottom.

I don't have time for a rebatch, not to mention that that was all of the fragrance oil in those two scents that I had. I have the feeling that there's that yucky brown lye liquid on the bottom that you get with major overheating. The thing that pisses me off is that it was cool when popped it in there, it wasn't overheating from the FO's because I had to completely force the gel. I'm seriously disappointed in myself for ruining these batches.

I shoved it in the freezer when I realized my mistake... I unmolded just now, and it wasn't liquid slop. So, I'm actually having some hope for this soap, lol. :D

Back