Rubbing alcohol question!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a Shoppers Drug Mart near you? I get my 99% from there, it's in the first aid aisle :)

I guess it's just a part of soaping like some of you said .. yes I have a shoppers right up my street .. I actually just got my bottle.. it's really fast from where we order our doctors supplies .. I will be using on my next batch ... cause all the others are covered in soda ash .. I guess I just have to live with it .. I will post if it's good news .. lol ..

Thx all again for taking the time ..

I really want to make an oatmeal honey batch next .. I'm dying to try it ..

I used steam from the kettle. I put in an oven mitt and held the bar until the ash was gone. I was trying a few things. Alcohol didn't work for me. But the steam did. I'll have to get some silicone tongs so I can do bigger batches over a boiling pot. It dryed with a beautify glossy finish too!

If you read the back label of the bottle, the alcohol is the active ingredient, and the remaining percentage is purified water, so any rubbing alcohol with less than 91% will evaporate a disproportionately large percentage of its alcohol, leaving the remainder with less and, potentially, eventually leaving only water behind. So the higher the concentration, the less water, which in turns reacts differently to the air in the atmosphere.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back