Lard and avo soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
So here's a pic of my lard, olive, coconut, avocado, castor soap with buttermilk and oatmeal. I always cheat and test a sliver as soon as I unmold...I just can't wait any longer than that! And if that's any predictor of what this soap will be like, I'm already loving it. Sooo creamy. These are made in my favorite round mold, Crystal Lite containers, and scented with Brambleberry's OMH.

lardavo.jpg

Thanks guys, glad you like them! I'm one of those oddballs who actually likes "plain" soaps. :crazy: And yes Shunt, there's something special about buttermilk in soap. Whenever I buy buttermilk to use in a cooking recipe, I always have leftover, so I freeze it in an ice cube tray to use in soap when I'm ready.

Love the simple recipe and it is SCREAMING luxury lather and skin feel. I especially LOVE the light and shadow contrast and the woven basket texture in this photo!!! ;)

Thanks guys, glad you like them! I'm one of those oddballs who actually likes "plain" soaps. :crazy: And yes Shunt, there's something special about buttermilk in soap. Whenever I buy buttermilk to use in a cooking recipe, I always have leftover, so I freeze it in an ice cube tray to use in soap when I'm ready.

Oh my god!! Now I finally know what to do with leftover buttermilk!! :shock:

Back